• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    King Cobra pilot is fully responsible. The B17 was flying a straight line. Pilot error or disregarding a safety procedures by the King Cobra. Thats my 2 cents after seeing this....will be waiting for Dan Gryder report shortly.

Screw Dan Gryder. Let the professionals at the NTSB do their job. Until then, respect the dead and those they left behind. Hard stop.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Not being educated in the industry, I wouldn't have known the difference. Thanks AVB, duly noted.
    Best parallel I could make is he's like a police officer who only shoots for his required qual talking about firearms. He knows the mechanics of how guns work, and has seen the ugly of how they can be used, but doesn't really understand the difference between gas vs. piston or hammer vs. striker or bullet diameter/weight vs. velocity.

Put another way, he's a "45ACP and Aught Six are the Lord's calibers and everything else is wrong" kinda guy, but with airplanes.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Was there no planning before flying these planes together? Another reason I hate aviation.
    There was and is. There are major briefings before the shows and flights where everyone goes over what they are supposed to do, where they are supposed to be, and when. Human beings make mistakes even when the plans are good and meticulous. The only good news here is that one of the safety elements air shows have implimented since the Italian demo team's big crash is limiting the times they are flying toward a crowd. It appears these aircraft crashed in an open area with few or no people.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Best parallel I could make is he's like a police officer who only shoots for his required qual talking about firearms. He knows the mechanics of how guns work, and has seen the ugly of how they can be used, but doesn't really understand the difference between gas vs. piston or hammer vs. striker or bullet diameter/weight vs. velocity.

Put another way, he's a "45ACP and Aught Six are the Lord's calibers and everything else is wrong" kinda guy, but with airplanes.

Exactly. “Keyboard masturbation,” as I’ve heard it put. To my knowledge, he is not now nor has he ever been an NTSB investigator, yet he jumps on accidents PDQ to give his two cents and trump up his channel. Screw that guy.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Dan has proved himself right many many times over what the so called experts have wrote up. Trust the experts that have been wrong how many times…. A bunch. All those planes criss crossing never should of been flying same altitude. That’s going to be what they find the mistake was. That and guy was blind to seeing the fortress. Different flight altitudes for fly by should if prevented that. Just my 2 cents. People can watch Dan and judge for themselves. I’m not a scientist so does that mean I should take all the covid jabs because they are the experts? Dan often says his opinion but says we may need to wait for the final report. But to each his own.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Exactly. “Keyboard masturbation,” as I’ve heard it put. To my knowledge, he is not now nor has he ever been an NTSB investigator, yet he jumps on accidents PDQ to give his two cents and trump up his channel. Screw that guy.
    Trump up his channel that he makes no money on. Ya he makes no money. He puts up info free. Never have figured out all the hate for the guy.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Biggest bull**** post I have seen on INGO in all my years.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Biggest bull**** post I have seen on INGO in all my years.
    That's a pretty big claim given the stuff that gets posted here on a daily basis...but okay.

You sure seem awfully defensive of Gryder for some reason. He's a retired airline captain, I'm an active airline captain. He's entitled to his OPINIONS and so am I, including my opinions of his conclusions - some of which are pretty commonsense for anybody with a pilot certificate, some of which I happen to agree with, and some of which are massive leaps in logic. He's got an awful reputation in professional pilot circles, right up there with John Nance and Mary Schiavo.

Until Gryder does a video on the crash of an airplane you flew professionally, after you were at the crash site and saw very tiny pieces of people you knew scattered over a dozen or so acres, and knew a lot more than what was public, it may be difficult to process just how much of a grain of salt people should swallow watching his videos. Doesn't mean he's always wrong - he isn't - but he damn sure ain't always right.

YMMV.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Something to remember is that there are times when crashes have appeared to have very obvious causes but later, after thorough investigation, more is revealed and the cause isn't what was thought. For example, this investigation could find that the controls were stuck. Or there was a medical event. Nobody knows from just the video.

That P-63 is a very old airplane and even though probably expertly maintained, it could have had a problem.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Trump up his channel that he makes no money on. Ya he makes no money. He puts up info free. Never have figured out all the hate for the guy.

Maybe do some homework and educate yourself. You seem super defensive of the man for some reason. Google him and you’ll see he has a rich history of reckless behavior. The guy has his detractors for good reason. But hey, keep swallowing his BS for all I care. I’ll seek out fact-based knowledge elsewhere.

I’m done here, not going to get into anymore pissing matches over some random goober not worth my time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I know this is INGO, but do we really need a screaming match on EVERY thread?
    kick-sparta.gif

THIS IS INGO!!!

Top Bottom