• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    I used a Raspberry PI to set-up an ad blocker for the entire house. It covers everything I connect to the internet without any need to install anything on the computer, phone, TV, etc.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not sure about any that charge. Vivaldi does not give you ads though. They make money from the Search Engine you use, as long as it isn't Google.

Vivaldi generates revenue from partner deals with search engines.

Every time you search using one of the pre-installed search engines, you’re helping us grow, one search at a time. Currently, we work with DuckDuckGo, Ecosia, Startpage, Yahoo!, Bing, and Yandex.

The only exception is Google – we don’t make money when you search with Google. However, we know that some of you use this search engine daily, so we include it in Vivaldi.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't help with the Toolbar. I suppose I never use it or something. :dunno:
    Usually you just right click in the tool bar area and you get a drop down menu that gives "Show toolbar" as an option. I don't get that with Brave (which I'm on now btw). I will say that I like having no ads on Youtube videos! I'll keep trying it and maybe I'll get used to it. I really liked Firefox and was just so used to it. It was easy to transition to Firefox from IE, because it was basically the same in appearance.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only thing I'm skeptical of is just how private it really is. You know what they say... If you aren't paying for the product, then most likely you ARE the product.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    The only thing I'm skeptical of is just how private it really is. You know what they say... If you aren't paying for the product, then most likely you ARE the product.
    My toolbar stuff show up if I click the 3 dots On the bottom, is that what you're asking about? And if you use private tab, it actually uses duckduckgo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My toolbar stuff show up if I click the 3 dots On the bottom, is that what you're asking about? And if you use private tab, it actually uses duckduckgo.
    I don't have 3 dots at the bottom or at the top. I'm on a laptop though. I haven't seen an option to use a private tab.

Edit: I do see an option for a private window, but not a private tab.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Upper right under the X I have 3 lines that open the drop down menu. That's all I use.

Top Bottom