• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’m not reading through 8 pages on this but brave leaks Onion addresses in DNS traffic.

if this sounds like gibberish then move on, it’s not important to you.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I have been to enough seminars by the FBI, CIA, USSS, enter ABC agency... that their knowledge, recommendations, and data shown lead me to believe they are heavily vested in exit nodes. I would not trust Tor alone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess I finally got my settings where I wanted them. Went to INGO this morning and didn't have to log in. Also just logged in to my credit union site and didn't get asked to prove it was me again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess I finally got my settings where I wanted them. Went to INGO this morning and didn't have to log in. Also just logged in to my credit union site and didn't get asked to prove it was me again.

Maybe it might help someone else with the same issues. What did you have to do?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Maybe it might help someone else with the same issues. What did you have to do?
    Heck if I know! :): I think I just kept un-checking anything to do with getting rid of cookies or blocking them. Just checking the "allow all cookies" wasn't enough, so I figured there must have still been something that was clearing them when I shut down.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Heck if I know! :): I think I just kept un-checking anything to do with getting rid of cookies or blocking them. Just checking the "allow all cookies" wasn't enough, so I figured there must have still been something that was clearing them when I shut down.
    Screenshot_20210807-193524_Brave.jpg
    If clear data on exit is on it will.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    View attachment 151888
    If clear data on exit is on it will.
    I probably turned that off if it was on. I figure I always run C-Cleaner when I shut down, which cleans up everything I want cleaned up, and leaves the stuff I want to keep alone, so I didn't need the browser doing it too, and possibly conflicting with what I really wanted it to do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I probably turned that off if it was on. I figure I always run C-Cleaner when I shut down, which cleans up everything I want cleaned up, and leaves the stuff I want to keep alone, so I didn't need the browser doing it too, and possibly conflicting with what I really wanted it to do.
    So C-Cleaner is still around. I haven't used it since switching to OS X years ago. I haven't used Windows much at all since XP. Mostly OS X and Linux.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wonder if Brave has an extension like this Firefox one?

I just tried it out, as suggested in a reddit post. It worked on my local paywalled newspaper. Also seems to work on the Indy Star. Haven't tested much further yet.

Edit - the Firefox extension DOES NOT work to get rid of the blurred text on IBJ articles. It'd be great to find something that did.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    CC Cleaner had someone hack them a few years back and corrupt their updates with malware... https://www.cnet.com/tech/computing/ccleaner-was-hacked-heres-what-to-do-next/

In case you had not seen this previously, wanted you to be aware.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sounds like they've corrected it. The version I have is considerably newer and up to date.
    Understood, and yes, they definitely fixed it. Just a pretty big concern that their update mechanism and source got hacked. Pretty much same type of thing that happened with Solar Winds, but SW of course had a much larger footprint, especially with govt and enterprise.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Understood, and yes, they definitely fixed it. Just a pretty big concern that their update mechanism and source got hacked. Pretty much same type of thing that happened with Solar Winds, but SW of course had a much larger footprint, especially with govt and enterprise.
    Well, much smaller in number, larger in impact.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I have been to enough seminars by the FBI, CIA, USSS, enter ABC agency... that their knowledge, recommendations, and data shown lead me to believe they are heavily vested in exit nodes. I would not trust Tor alone.
    Hmm... That's a unique perspective.
    As to Brave Browser. I like the speed of Brave but a lot of pages won't properly load or load completely. Comment sections (if they matter to you) are often absent. Two-part authentication is inconvenient but probably standard fare in the near future. My knock on personalized ads; you are whatever you searched for today. Searched for tires? Every ad is tires. As if nothing else is of interest or want for me.

Top Bottom