• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The Brady Campaign has filed suit against the LuckyGunner online ammo store, The Sportsman's Guide, Bulletproof Body Armor HQ, and BTP Arms for selling James Holmes equipment that he used when he attacked the theater in Aurora, Colorado in 2012. This lawsuit has a very weak basis as Brady already lost a very similar lawsuit against ArmsList for a murder that one of their customers committed. However, lawsuits can be expensive to defend and can be used to shut down or restrict others actions even if they don't have solid legal basis.

In addition to the general stupidity behind these lawsuits, their own press release has some odd info. They name "Lucky Gunner (bulkammo.com)" as one of their defendents. Those appear to be two separate companies located in two different states, so I'm not honestly sure which they are suing, or if they properly know.

Brady Campaign To Sue LuckyGunner for Selling Ammo Used in Aurora Shooting - The Truth About Guns
    Brady Press Release

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Isn't this the very definition of a frivolous lawsuit? Can't obtain what they want by lies, falsehoods, propaganda, so now they resort to lawfare.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some people think this is ok.
    Yet if you bring up suing Ford for Motor Vehicle deaths,
    the car manufacturer of the car in the Santa Barbara killings,
    knive manufacturers in murders,
    Baseball bat manufacturer s,
    Etc
    They tell you you're being silly.

It's the same.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    How do you sue someone for doing something that is perfectly legal? Hopefuly the lawyers should put this one to rest quickly. Maybe if the people who brought these frivolous lawsuits had to reimburse everyone for the legal costs associated with wasting their time, they would think twice.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Isn't there a way to counter sue for the legal fees? This move from the Brady is like a harassment suit. They're just suing to harass.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Our legal system is a joke. some aluminum can stress and make the wings fall of of a small aircraft simply due to stress. Yet Here is the laundry list of who gets sued:
    The aircraft company. (duh, has merit)
    The engine maker
    the flight instrument maker
    the maker of the oil filter
    the maker of the motor oil
    the tire manufacturer
    the wheel brake pad manufacturer
    and probably the manufacturer of the headset the pilot was wearing.

So the first makes sense. The rest? Simply because they were part of the plane Whether they contributed to the failure in any way shape or form is irrelevant to these ambulance chasers.

Cast a wide net and you are bound to catch something. These suits are nothing more than a shakedown of anyone with even the slightest ties to the event. One of them is bound to cave and settle out of court to make it go away.

What's next? Suing a perp's literal medical sperm donor because if he hadnt donated, the idiot wouldnt have existed to commit the crime?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    What's next? Suing a perp's literal medical sperm donor because if he hadnt donated, the idiot wouldnt have existed to commit the crime?
    Slight thread jack here, but I read an article the other day that describe a movement to hold parents criminally responsible for having bad kids. It was downright scary.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Slight thread jack here, but I read an article the other day that describe a movement to hold parents criminally responsible for having bad kids. It was downright scary.
    I think we can all think of very good parents with kids that have gone wrong. I wish I could understand that.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I'm sure the Brady Campaign would gain 'nothing' from such a frivolous suit. :rolleyes:

Like maybe a donation from plaintiff, perhaps?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I also suspect they are trying to bring attention to not needing a background check for ammunition purchases and such. Keeping it in the news and highlighting what they see is wrong with the law.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    The important thing to remember is the fact that in the US you can sue for anything.

I'm pretty sure there is a federal law protecting either gun makers, sellers, or both from liability when they are used for crimes like this.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They don't have to have a casr.
    They just want to cause people to waste money on defense.
    Remember, they have Bloombergs millions.

Top Bottom