• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    The time has come to begin preparing mac-n-cheese.

We must, however, use caution, as simply grabbing a box from our collective cupboard and following the printed directions may be insufficient to the task at hand.

Do your research. Study the recipes available and adapt them for your own use. Extra cheese, bacon, even toasted bread crumbs, can all contribute to improved results.

Additional consideration should be given to the cooking method. Stovetop, smoker, and oven are all valid choices, but the best results may require a combination of all 3.

This is just the beginning.

Where we go from here is up to you, but for the love of all that is holy, please do not suggest adding ham and pineapple.

After all, we aren’t talking about pizza.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Pot-luck Mac & Cheese is the best!

no cooking
    no clean-up
    if you don't like this one, move to the next dish
    AYCE

Change my mind

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The best mac-n-cheese was a experiment. Made the noodles(2 boxes worth), diced up some grilled tbone steak, diced onion, diced hot peppers, and mixed everything together. I made enough I thought for my gkids and I for a couple meals.. It lasted about 15 minutes lol. Man is it good. Now I get the request everytime the gkids come over, papa can you make the cheesy steak noodles again please.. just puts a smile on my face everytime.

I used Kraft mac-n-cheese btw.

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    The white cheddar variety put out by Cracker Barrel is decent out of the box(bowl) but to make it really shine, I like to put it in individual stoneware crocks and bake it, then top with pulled pork and a drizzle of barbecue sauce.

Another twist on a classic: try topping green bean casserole with crispy fried jalapeños instead of fried onions. Tried it last thanksgiving and it was very well received.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd like to see the final product. The standard ingredient for any good Mac and Cheese outside the obvious, is flour. If you are using flour to make M&C, then you're already at a disadvantage.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    As a poor college student, I had an abundance of three ingredients. Ramen noodles, boxed mashed taters and Mac and cheese.

I mixed two of these quite often with surprisingly good results. (I think I actually mixed all 3 once)

Make your M&C. Make a portion of mashed taters, a little on the soupy side. Then blend and enjoy. Add some ketchup for a little extra.

As to the other combinations, mashed taters & ramen is a staple for my kids. They even started to sprinkle it with shredded cheese. They LOVE it. My mother-in-law really likes it too.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I’ve been using this recipe for a while but I use pepper Jack cheese instead of cheddar or sometimes instead of the mozzarella. I usually skip the hot sauce too.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member