• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    As a kid my Dad got into collecting M1 Grands and M1A’s at one point I believe he had around 20. As life hit he slowly sold them all with the last two M1A’s being sold to my friend and his dad. I was active duty , deploying at the time so figure why would I buy them. Well my dad passed in September and my buddy made me one hell of deal yesterday on the M1A he bought . Trading mag for mag and round for round. I got it back and couldn’t be happier . I’ll get around to better pics but here she is . We stained this stock together , now going to attempt to get the one from my friends dad he said he would sell. These are all GI parts and low serial numbers . Cannot wait to put some rounds down range.

Attachments

• 39A8B1CE-C576-401D-B6C4-671917DC2959.jpeg
      39A8B1CE-C576-401D-B6C4-671917DC2959.jpeg
      2.2 MB · Views: 50

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    Very nice!
    Glad that your friend sold it back to you. Hope you enjoy it as much as you cherish the memories.

Oh, and thank you for your service.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I just did something similar. Years ago I bought my uncle's dad's Model 60. My uncle and cousin were not into guns at the time. Since they have both gotten a few guns. I decided a couple years ago when his dad passed, I would give it to my uncle to have. His dad passed about a month ago and I gave it to him on Thanksgiving. Glad you were able to get your dad's gun back.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    As a kid my Dad got into collecting M1 Grands and M1A’s at one point I believe he had around 20. As life hit he slowly sold them all with the last two M1A’s being sold to my friend and his dad. I was active duty , deploying at the time so figure why would I buy them. Well my dad passed in September and my buddy made me one hell of deal yesterday on the M1A he bought . Trading mag for mag and round for round. I got it back and couldn’t be happier . I’ll get around to better pics but here she is . We stained this stock together , now going to attempt to get the one from my friends dad he said he would sell. These are all GI parts and low serial numbers . Cannot wait to put some rounds down range.
    That's really special you were able to get one of your Dad's prized possessions back. Rest assured he will be smiling down on you as you take it to the range again.

Top Bottom