• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    Saw a barely used one at a reasonable price so I picked it up. (Glock 17 Gen 2 Version) I have always been curious about these things so I guess I will find out what they are like. I know what to expect pretty much. Already going to upgrade a few things like rear sight, buffer tube cover, etc. I like it for a small, packable PCC. Easy to pack and move from place to place. Easy to disguise. Have to see how it runs and feels before I decide on it's final role in the arsenal. But hey, variety is the spice, right?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    They shoot well, once you get past the horrible rear sight, I’ve had 2, and bought off set mounts, and used a red dot, just tilt the rifle and enjoy..

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    They take a lot of trash talk online, but mine is a fun shooter. I bought it mainly for a pistol carbine that would also work with my glock mags.
    I have the ruger PC also but the Keltec folds up smaller and deploys faster.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've resisted the urge to modify / upgrade anything on mine. It's shot ~300 rounds with zero failures.

My front sight is a bit tilted but it zero's. Looking at that does bug me a bit. Gee, thanks for starting a new thread that ads another project to my list. :):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dude you KNOW somebody has sent it back to Kel-Tec because "it broke in half"
    Multiples. They admit its a problem. But apparently only with certain color receivers. It was a bad formulation in the plastic. At least that is the official line. But they fix them and send them back.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They take a lot of trash talk online, but mine is a fun shooter. I bought it mainly for a pistol carbine that would also work with my glock mags.
    I have the ruger PC also but the Keltec folds up smaller and deploys faster.
    Same with the Hi Point carbine. The worst thing I have heard about them is the handguard overheats when you shoot it too much.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Maybe I have a big face, but I have issues with consistent sight picture. Thinking about going red dot only and removing the sights. (*Some of you may feel triggered to try to change my mind. Please don't litter the thread) Nice shooter otherwise, the trigger feels like a bullpup.

Mcapo mount is cool but meh. I'm not in need of the most rapid deployment possible. Thinking Holosun HS510c for the QD mount.

The Hi-point is interesting. Kinda like the joke about the big girl and a moped. My dad was friends with the owners father-in-law. I had nothing to do with it, but we had a couple very early. Dad even had one of the pistols but I convinced him to upgrade to a M&P 9.

Last edited:

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I've had mine to the range twice. It was fun to shoot, and I haven't had any problems with it. The only upgrades I've made is the M*CARBO buffer tube cover and recoil buffer. I'm not a big fan of the sights, but I shot pretty well with it.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I bought one to go with all my Glock mags but I bought the worst-maintained, dirty, not working trunk garbage ever. I think it was a first gen. I took it apart to clean it, couldn't get it back together, gave it to an army armorer, he kinda got it back together and said don't shoot it. I sold it on here for a loss. Buyer knew what he was getting and was willing to tackle the project. I like the concept, didn't inspect what I bought and learned a lesson.

KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    Update to my original post: I bought this Sub 2k without having been able to handle it. I bought it online and picked it up. I haven't been able to get it to the range but doing some initial handling and sighting I don't think I am going to get along with this thing. I wear progressive lens glasses and although I can deal with some iron sights these days I don't think these are going to work. I ordered the taller M*Carbo rear sight but I am not sure that will be enough. I could put a red dot on this but that seems to be sort of a hassle. Might just sell this, take the hit and try the S & W version since it will take the red dot without a weird mount. Guess I am still learning lessons here.

Top Bottom