• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I had at one time asked about a gunsmith in Indiana who could do revolver action work, but I couldn't find the original thread. Everyone seemed to recommended Bosshoss. I sent him a PM and found out he is located in the next county over from me.

We set up a time to meet at his shop, and he walked me through the differences of action jobs he could do, depending on the intended use. As this is my IDPA SSR gun, I asked for an action job that would keep the gun legal. I did not need to explain this to him, as he was more aware of the rules in the various sports than I was. When I dropped the gun off, i was told that he would contact me when it was done, and quoted me a price. I was told I could expect a call around December, as he was very busy at that time.

To my surprise, I got a PM two weeks later telling me it was finished. I went to pick it up the next day, and I was very pleased. I didn't include pics because there isn't much to show on the outside of the gun. With the exception of a bobbed hammer and fiber optic front sight, everything else is internal. The trigger pull is lighter, smoother, and much more shootable. The "slop" in the cylinder is gone, and the cylinder gap is SUPER tight!

His work was top notch, but what impressed me the most was the amount of time he spent on me before and after. This man is not just a seriously competent gunsmith, but has a real love for revolver shooting. He taught me a few "tricks of the trade" while I was there also, which will take some time to work into my routine.

All in all, dealing with him was a great experience, and I have a finished product that I am proud of.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had the same experience. He was great to talk to and did a great job on my revolver. The only mistake I made was I had him ship the gun back to me. I should have taken the drive so we could have talked again. It was an almost 2 hour drive for me though.

Next time. He did encourage me to try some of my own work, so when I mess it up, I'll take to him to fix it.:)

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    I do enjoy working on S&W Revolvers and love the mechanics of them.
    I really like seeing others getting interested in shooting revolvers, it is a very different skill set and very satisfying to get better at it.
    Shooting revolvers(Double Action) is a very different skill set than shooting a autoloader and takes some practice but it makes you a better shooter of every platform.
    My opinions on revolvers are taken from a different view than most as I spend a lot of time inside of them and I shoot them a lot.
    I don't collect them so I can say what I think about them and don't mind discussing/arguing the merits of old vs new and MIM and other things.:evilangel:

I'm at a match every weekend and usually shooting one of my revolvers so come on out and say Hi and you are welcome to give my revolver a spin after the match.:draw:
    Thanks again everyone.
    See you on the range.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    I do enjoy working on S&W Revolvers and love the mechanics of them.
    I really like seeing others getting interested in shooting revolvers, it is a very different skill set and very satisfying to get better at it.
    Shooting revolvers(Double Action) is a very different skill set than shooting a autoloader and takes some practice but it makes you a better shooter of every platform.
    My opinions on revolvers are taken from a different view than most as I spend a lot of time inside of them and I shoot them a lot.
    I don't collect them so I can say what I think about them and don't mind discussing/arguing the merits of old vs new and MIM and other things.:evilangel:

I'm at a match every weekend and usually shooting one of my revolvers so come on out and say Hi and you are welcome to give my revolver a spin after the match.:draw:
    Thanks again everyone.
    See you on the range.

i will testify that the new ones are the best consistent manufactured revolvers then ever before. I was skeptical at first as I saw a whole lot of first generation MIM parts fail in the beginning. When Bosshoss educated me on the improvements of machining and better part tolerances I bought a few recent guns. Not excited about the Hillary Hole but today’s revolver is put together well and much easier to keep running. Fun to shoot, easy to work on. What could be better.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Thanks again everyone.
    See you on the range.[/QUOTE]

Do NOT do this! It's a trap. Trying out Bosshoss' revolvers, that's how he gets you hooked!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thanks again everyone.
    See you on the range.

Do NOT do this! It's a trap. Trying out Bosshoss' revolvers, that's how he gets you hooked![/QUOTE]

Yup, his are pretty amazing!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Thanks again everyone.
    See you on the range.

Do NOT do this! It's a trap. Trying out Bosshoss' revolvers, that's how he gets you hooked![/QUOTE]

Nah I would never do that or would I?:whistle:

Top Bottom