• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I’m about 80 days into my first suppressor purchases(omega 300 and deadair mask). I see a lot of talk about bore alignment rods. Some say no need never had a problem, other say they won’t shoot a suppressed gun that hasn’t been tested.

What’s the consensus? Any recommendations on which ones.
    I’m sure it’s one of those, you can buy cheap wish.com ones but they might be out of spec.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    Just another "gimmick" to scare you into spending more money on unneeded stuff.
    Have had 7 suppressors, rotated among 12 different rifles, of 6 different calibers, for over 8 years, and have never had any issues.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I wondered the same thing when I got into suppressors. I was told to just look down the barrel from the breech end with the suppressor on. As long as you see a nice circle you are fine. It's worked for the 3 suppressors I own.

MrWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I grabbed some appropriately sized drill rod off McMaster and cut/chamfered the ends. It’s won’t be absolutely perfect, but it’s enough to put my mind at ease at least. I actually have a few extra pieces if you’re interested.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I wondered the same thing when I got into suppressors. I was told to just look down the barrel from the breech end with the suppressor on. As long as you see a nice circle you are fine. It's worked for the 3 suppressors I own.
    This...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's all well and good up until it's not all well and good.

Alignment rods are pretty cheap insurance as compared to a whole new suppressor, IME.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Carbon arrow tolerances are between .001-.006 depending on arrow and brand. They come in multiple diameters and can be bought for less than 20 each for the ultra high end ones, lower end and middle road brands are available at your local Walmart.

Do with that information what you will

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Carbon arrow tolerances are between .001-.006 depending on arrow and brand. They come in multiple diameters and can be bought for less than 20 each for the ultra high end ones, lower end and middle road brands are available at your local Walmart.

Do with that information what you will
    If they work, they work.

An alignment rod need not be anything gun specific. It just has to be within spec and resist going out of spec.

Top Bottom