• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    For the sake of consistency, at least as it pertains to rifles, I tend to favor the upper. But I agree there is some ambiguity there.

Realizing you've already changed your mind and we're just having a conversation here... Don't ever push the upper becoming the legal firearm. If we have to choose which thing we're going to have to acquire from raw materials, we want it to be the lower.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Realizing you've already changed your mind and we're just having a conversation here... Don't ever push the upper becoming the legal firearm. If we have to choose which thing we're going to have to acquire from raw materials, we want it to be the lower.
    Oh no, definitely not pushing anything. Besides, like in "The King and I", the upper is the bee, and the lower is the blossom... ;)

"To fly from blossom to blossom
    A honey bee must be free,
    But blossom must not ever fly
    From bee to bee to bee."

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Oh no, definitely not pushing anything. Besides, like in "The King and I", the upper is the bee, and the lower is the blossom... ;)

"To fly from blossom to blossom
    A honey bee must be free,
    But blossom must not ever fly
    From bee to bee to bee."

Pfftt... Whatever old timer. I want my lowers to be liberated too. Transupper ARs matter too.

Anyhow... Just pack it away in the storage bank that anything suggesting limiting the 100% freedom of things like barrels, bolts, carriers, etc is a bad idea.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    THEY'RE UNTRACEABLE!!! :runaway:That's not like a gun with a serial number that was stolen 5 years ago and has... passed through... 27 different hands...16 were trades for drugs... GHOST GUNS!!! :runaway::runaway:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    It just occurred to me the whole AR lower vs upper argument is perfectly applicable to the Ruger MkI, MkII, etc. The upper of that pistol is almost exactly like the AR upper, lower as well, but the upper is the "firearm".

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    If you just left about 50% of the mag well it would change drastically. Machine the corners so all you have to do is connect the dots.

What they would end up doing is developing a standard that is impossible to meet, such that every block of wood or chunk of metal at Home Depot is going to become "a firearm". Then it's going to end up in court.

My expectation is that they're just going to try to outlaw citizens from building their own firearms in totality, and again, to the courts it will go.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It just occurred to me the whole AR lower vs upper argument is perfectly applicable to the Ruger MkI, MkII, etc. The upper of that pistol is almost exactly like the AR upper, lower as well, but the upper is the "firearm".
    Striker fired pistols as well.
    If you just left about 50% of the mag well it would change drastically. Machine the corners so all you have to do is connect the dots.
    They still have to be ran by BATFECE to get approval, or run the risk of them deciding that it's too easy to convert and bam they just became and unlicensed gun manufacture/distributor/dealer. So all BATFECE has to do is just deny anything other than a solid chunk of metal/plastic that comes their way.
    What they would end up doing is developing a standard that is impossible to meet, such that every block of wood or chunk of metal at Home Depot is going to become "a firearm". Then it's going to end up in court.

My expectation is that they're just going to try to outlaw citizens from building their own firearms in totality, and again, to the courts it will go.
    See above.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    They still have to be ran by BATFECE to get approval, or run the risk of them deciding that it's too easy to convert and bam they just became and unlicensed gun manufacture/distributor/dealer. So all BATFECE has to do is just deny anything other than a solid chunk of metal/plastic that comes their way.

Yes, and the lawsuits will flow like water. I'll also make it my personal mission to take pictures of every single part I can and send it to the tip line. Looks like a ghost gun to me! :scratch:

1617998374583.png

1617998574250.png

1617998729565.png

1617998503971.png

It's going to get really interesting since they've also expressly mentioned 3D printers. Where is the firearm hiding inside of my spool of material? How many layers is a felony? Is one extra layer a misdemeanor? What the sentence going to be for attempted melting?

The government, as usual, is about 20 years behind the times anyhow. Desktop CNCs are already so affordable that they'd have to literally outlaw aluminum blocks before they'd gain anything from any of this. They're trying to catch the tiger by the mouth, but that's all I have to say about that.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes, and the lawsuits will flow like water. I'll also make it my personal mission to take pictures of every single part I can and send it to the tip line. Looks like a ghost gun to me! :scratch:

View attachment 134751

View attachment 134753

View attachment 134754

View attachment 134752

It's going to get really interesting since they've also expressly mentioned 3D printers. Where is the firearm hiding inside of my spool of material? How many layers is a felony? Is one extra layer a misdemeanor? What the sentence going to be for attempted melting?

The government, as usual, is about 20 years behind the times anyhow. Desktop CNCs are already so affordable that they'd have to literally outlaw aluminum blocks before they'd gain anything from any of this. They're trying to catch the tiger by the mouth, but that's all I have to say about that.
    Yep, lawsuits will flow. But I'm going to go out on a limb :): and guess that the govt has much, much more money than any of the 80% and more than all of them combined to fight it.

And I agree with the rest.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yep, lawsuits will flow. But I'm going to go out on a limb :): and guess that the govt has much, much more money than any of the 80% and more than all of them combined to fight it.

And I agree with the rest.

Indeed they do, which is why as gun owners we need to pool our resources behind people and organizations that are willing to fight for us in the federal courts. There are a few rising stars lately that are very willing to take the fight to them, or at least more so than the "big boys" seem to be.

Top Bottom