• ...and so much more!
  • codyt87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Putnam County
    Hi all,

I have recently purchased the bodygaurd 380 and today while shooting it for the first time the battery cover broke. The screw that holds it in is still in but the cover is gone. Also the laser didn't hold center at all after I adjusted it. Has anyone else ever experienced this and how good is s&w customer service? I'm hoping it doesn't take to long to get it fixed. Guess I will keep carrying my pf9 for awhile.

codyt87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Putnam County
    Thank you greyhound! I have filled it out. have you had anymore problems since you got it back? It was shooting great didnt have any problems. But of course i only shot about 50 shots or so.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've bought two, and they've both been trouble free. Look to make sure you have a serial number that is later than EABxxxx (i.e., EACxxxx or later). Guns earlier than that may need to have the takedown lever replaced with the new version, the spring wire that engages with the takedown lever replaced with a larger gauge wire, and the firing pin replaced with a new, beefier design. S&W does it free, but you have to send it in.

codyt87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Putnam County
    Rockhopper, My serial # is EBBXXXX, im taking it that is one of the later models that already have the problems fixed by what i was told in the gun shop. And its goin back to S&W anyway so hopefully they will check any of the other "problem areas" on the gun.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Rockhopper, My serial # is EBBXXXX, im taking it that is one of the later models that already have the problems fixed by what i was told in the gun shop. And its goin back to S&W anyway so hopefully they will check any of the other "problem areas" on the gun.

I'm sure that they will, and with an "EBBxxxx" you should be good to go on the updated parts.

I really like mine. Very accurate, and much more comfortable to shoot than any of the other polymer .380s I've been able to try.

codyt87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Putnam County
    I got my gun back Monday. Went and shot it and its running great again. I truly am surprised at how accurate such a small gun is. No complaints at all about it!

tightlines

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    West of Indy
    I bought one about 4 weeks ago and haven't had the time to shoot it. Now I'm worried I am going to have issues. Glad they resolved your issues though and glad you like it.

codyt87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2012
    Putnam County
    Put another 100 rounds thru it this weekend. It was kind of cool getting to shoot with the laser, but I don't see a real need for it unless it is to dark to see the iron sights. Very happy with the bodyguard

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    this is why i did not like the gun...it like a combo tv vcr...if your tv goes down then you lose your vcr too...had one and sold it...the laser was also very hard to activate and different pressure was needed to activate the left side vs the right side or vice versa....yes i know i am old to know what a vcr is ...i will be 39 this month

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom