• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    BODY ARMOR,, I DON'T KNOW IF MANY OF YOU FEEL A NEED FOR IT.. THIS LAST WINTER MY GIRLFRIEND OF 16 YRS. STARTED ASKING ME SHOULD WE HAVE IT. AND TO THINK 16 YEARS AGO SHE HATED GUNS AND NOW IS WELL ARMED!!! SO I STARTED RESEARCHING DIFFERENT MANUFACTURES AND REVIEWS.. AND DECIDED ON RTS TACTICAL WE WENT WITH THEIR LEVEL IV CERAMIC WITH PLATE CARRIER FOR $419.00 WITH FREE SHIPPING ..RATED TO TAKE A HIT FROM 30-06.. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A PLATE CARRIER YOU CAN BUY THE LEVEL IV PLATES FOR $89,00 EACH WEIGHTING 6.3 LBS EACH.. THERE ARE PLATES THAT WEIGH MORE AND COST MORE.. AND ONES THAT WEIGHT LESS IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY UP WORDS OF A $1,000 .. THEY HAVE GOVERMENT CONTRACTS.. THERE ARE A LOT OF VIDIOS YOU CAN WATCH ON LINE ON RTS PLATES.. AFTER GIVING IT TO HER SHE SEEM TO HAVE LESS FEAR OF THINGS HAPPING TODAY!!

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I have Galls IIIA body armor. I've worn armor on and off since 78. I put it on when threat levels are higher. I also restrict some travel then.

When you type with all caps, some people think it indicates you are yelling. I figure it means you hit the "caps lock" key on the left side of the keyboard. That is what the light on that key signifies.

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I have Galls IIIA body armor. I've worn armor on and off since 78. I put it on when threat levels are higher. I also restrict some travel then.

When you type with all caps, some people think it indicates you are yelling. I figure it means you hit the "caps lock" key on the left side of the keyboard. That is what the light on that key signifies.
    i have not lived my life on social media and didn't think any thing about it and was not yelling in my heart or brain

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    BODY ARMOR,, I DON'T KNOW IF MANY OF YOU FEEL A NEED FOR IT.. THIS LAST WINTER MY GIRLFRIEND OF 16 YRS. STARTED ASKING ME SHOULD WE HAVE IT. AND TO THINK 16 YEARS AGO SHE HATED GUNS AND NOW IS WELL ARMED!!! SO I STARTED RESEARCHING DIFFERENT MANUFACTURES AND REVIEWS.. AND DECIDED ON RTS TACTICAL WE WENT WITH THEIR LEVEL IV CERAMIC WITH PLATE CARRIER FOR $419.00 WITH FREE SHIPPING ..RATED TO TAKE A HIT FROM 30-06.. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A PLATE CARRIER YOU CAN BUY THE LEVEL IV PLATES FOR $89,00 EACH WEIGHTING 6.3 LBS EACH.. THERE ARE PLATES THAT WEIGH MORE AND COST MORE.. AND ONES THAT WEIGHT LESS IF YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY UP WORDS OF A $1,000 .. THEY HAVE GOVERMENT CONTRACTS.. THERE ARE A LOT OF VIDIOS YOU CAN WATCH ON LINE ON RTS PLATES.. AFTER GIVING IT TO HER SHE SEEM TO HAVE LESS FEAR OF THINGS HAPPING TODAY!!
    Not a fan of plates.

jbizzle3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have an old issued Lvl 3 vest that lives in the truck for when I'm out with the family, and then both wife and I have PCs with Lvl IV Ceramic plates from RMA. Its not gonna save my life by itself but I figured it would be nice to have.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I use a crye JPC 2.0 with shellback 5.7lb level IV plates.

It's a pretty nice setup and not miserable to have to wear. They weren't that expensive in the world of armor.

way2good4u95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 5, 2018
    Plainfield
    I have some lightweight level 3 plates that I ordered from Botach. Wish I would've gotten level 3+ but I can't complain with a less than 8 pound rig that costed less than 200 all together. Mrgunsngear did a video on these exact plates and they stopped most things up to 7.62x54r. Just not m855. Did stop m193 though.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Body armor is a PITA to wear, I've worn mine daily for 21 of my 24 years in LE. If you don't wear yours daily, what situations are you likely to encounter that will allow you the time to throw it on? I have rifle plates in my trunk, too heavy to wear daily and most likely will just sit there in an active shooter as I will not likely take to time to don them, too busy grabbing my rifle and going. It's an honest question.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Body armor is a PITA to wear, I've worn mine daily for 21 of my 24 years in LE. If you don't wear yours daily, what situations are you likely to encounter that will allow you the time to throw it on? I have rifle plates in my trunk, too heavy to wear daily and most likely will just sit there in an active shooter as I will not likely take to time to don them, too busy grabbing my rifle and going. It's an honest question.
    I've been thinking about armor for dealing with a home invasion. I reinforced the strike plates and hinges with 3" screws so they'll have to kick way more than once. I think that will give me time to put on some armor. What are your thoughts on that?

I'm curious why you wouldn't take the extra 15-30 secs to put on armor when responding to an active-murderer call. The pros seem to outnumber the cons:
    *Being rifle bullet resistant
    *Carrier also carrys and organizes extra gear/ammo
    *Plate Carrier can have a LEO placard to reduce the risk of "friendly fire" if you're off duty

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've been thinking about armor for dealing with a home invasion. I reinforced the strike plates and hinges with 3" screws so they'll have to kick way more than once. I think that will give me time to put on some armor. What are your thoughts on that?

I'm curious why you wouldn't take the extra 15-30 secs to put on armor when responding to an active-murderer call. The pros seem to outnumber the cons:
    *Being rifle bullet resistant
    *Carrier also carrys and organizes extra gear/ammo
    *Plate Carrier can have a LEO placard to reduce the risk of "friendly fire" if you're off duty
    We are issued SAPI plates in a carrier just large enough to hold the plates. They weigh a TON. In uniform, I have to disconnect my ear piece and unclip my shoulder mic before throwing the plates over my uniform. I'm afraid that the fumbling, the fine motor skill required to make such movements, could put me in a position where I don't get my radio re-secured and/or lose my ability to hear it under stress. I think that with outer uniform vest carriers now, that could be addressed. It is possible I might get issued a uniform outer vest carrier WITH ultra lightweight rifle plates inside. Now THAT I would wear all the time and would love to have. I understand the scenario of home invasion. I had not thought of that, hence why I asked ;). Thanks.

Top Bottom