• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Did you get a ship notice or anything or did it just show up by surprise?

You should wear it around all day!
    The only reason I probably got a ship notice was my wtf email. I figured I would wear it around Walmart. I’m not wearing it in my truck, I’m too fat!! Couldn’t breathe!!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So who makes the best budget plate carrier??? And anywhere now I should be looking to order plates from?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So who makes the best budget plate carrier??? And anywhere now I should be looking to order plates from?
    I have an LAPG branded carrier (atlas) that is pretty nice and it’s cheap. Seems to be holding up pretty well. I got it for an armed security gig this spring and wore it for a couple weeks.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Get em while there hot. Rma 1155 are the gold standard of budget level 4 plates

That's what I got in mine. While heavier than most modern ceramic plates, you won't find any better for the price. You'll spend 3x this much to save a pound or two in L4 plates. Plus RMA is Veteran owned, tested, and proven.

1zXdSMy.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    So simple. Guess I will take a couple out of my paint supply tote and move them around.

Plan to test it with a spent casing tonight.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    A bit of reconfiguration after new plates in.
    RTS lvl4 Ceramic
    Convinced to give them a try after seeing the following video. Bulkier by far, but what a weight difference! Little resizing and adjustment but not much.

View attachment 182659

Thanks for the video link; the RTS plates looked very impressive. Sure like setup you have. Did you get your plate holder from RTS as well? Looks like the shoulder straps are comfortable too. Can your carrier accommodate the RTS side plates? Care to share about how much you have invested in your complete setup...plates, carrier, pouches, other accessories? Don't have a setup yet but definitely considering one. Thanks.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Thanks for the video link; the RTS plates looked very impressive. Sure like setup you have. Did you get your plate holder from RTS as well? Looks like the shoulder straps are comfortable too. Can your carrier accommodate the RTS side plates? Care to share about how much you have invested in your complete setup...plates, carrier, pouches, other accessories? Don't have a setup yet but definitely considering one. Thanks.
    Happy to. Links included:

Carrier is a Condor MOPC - $80
    Kangaroo mag insert - $16
    Med pouch - $17

Various generic pouches for Leatherman, TQ (Cat7). Lamp is a Milwaukee headlamp from HD recommended by another INGO'er.

I pieced the EMT kit together myself as opposed to a preset kit. All in all it's about +/- $650 worth of goodies. It is capable of accepting side plates (pouch not included), I just don't use them. The buckles are for a pack I have integrated into the system. Link I was inspired by.

Happy answer any more specific Q's

Last edited:
    Top Bottom