• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just ordered up one of these. I figured it was more practical for most situations and has better coverage than a plate carrier and plates. I can always add rifle plates to it later. It was easy to find a 10% off coupon and the quadpay thing is pretty neat. Besides, they had my size in stock so I jumped on it.

Memorial Day sale on some items.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

They have 40% off all body armor. Plates, carriers etc.

Code: FREEDOM40

thought I'd post this incase anyone needs good armor with a great discount.

I was unfortunate and bought it at full price. It's quality stuff and they have very nice plates and carriers. They also have
    Lifetime Warranty, and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Or your money back. They have excellent customer service as well.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

I was unfortunate and bought it at full price. It's quality stuff and they have very nice plates and carriers. They also have
    Lifetime Warranty, and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Or your money back. They have excellent customer service as well.
    Just used mine, Thanks! Serious savings. Elite carrier (sans plates and mag pouches) with discount and 3day free shipping upgrade came to $53.

Flight567

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    US

I seem to remember you mentioning that you are in Ohio, is that wrong?

If not you should check out HRT tactical. Really solid gear in my opinion. Everything from carriers to chest rigs to fun stuff like hand warmer danglers.

They're out of Columbus and I've been to their home office. Great dudes and quality product.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I seem to remember you mentioning that you are in Ohio, is that wrong?

If not you should check out HRT tactical. Really solid gear in my opinion. Everything from carriers to chest rigs to fun stuff like hand warmer danglers.

They're out of Columbus and I've been to their home office. Great dudes and quality product.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    I'm about an our west of Cincinnati in Indiana.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Elite carrier in today from tacticon. Now to start getting necessary attachments. Will have to go outside of my normal admin pouch mag insert setup. This model won't support them. Not a deal breaker. This would be a perfect model for a slimline/lightweight build.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Elite carrier in today from tacticon. Now to start getting necessary attachments. Will have to go outside of my normal admin pouch mag insert setup. This model won't support them. Not a deal breaker. This would be a perfect model for a slimline/lightweight build.
    What do you think about the quality?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Friends don't let friends buy AR500.

This is the most underrated statement of all time. Just had a 3-day back and forth with ar500 cs. Some of the worst yet. Carrier started to tear where corner of plate meets fabric, and in is shelves 95% of the time. Their solution was a $25 gift card. I told them to shove it. I will never buy their crap again,and will steer anyone away from them to the best of my ability. Absolute BS. Quality my arse

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Doesn’t surprise me. Ultimately, it was more intended to be “friends don’t let friends buy steel plates,” rather than be brand specific, but the lack of quality isn’t surprising.

In this market where someone can buy Hesco L210’s and/or IIIA backers for a song, I don’t know why anyone would willingly spend their money on heavy, dangerous steel plates. I’ve run into enough two-way ranges wearing just IIIA armor that I’ve decided that I’d rather be light and fast than be slowed down by an extra 18 pounds and take my chances with a rifle round passing through my vest rather than taking a ricochet into my carotid.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Doesn’t surprise me. Ultimately, it was more intended to be “friends don’t let friends buy steel plates,” rather than be brand specific, but the lack of quality isn’t surprising.

In this market where someone can buy Hesco L210’s and/or IIIA backers for a song, I don’t know why anyone would willingly spend their money on heavy, dangerous steel plates. I’ve run into enough two-way ranges wearing just IIIA armor that I’ve decided that I’d rather be light and fast than be slowed down by an extra 18 pounds and take my chances with a rifle round passing through my vest rather than taking a ricochet into my carotid.
    Lessons learned. Gotta save my pennies now. Their response is what irritated me. It's a big price jump, so I'll have to wait a bit. 210's are my goal for the next rig.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

What if you're slow already? Then you might need to be a walking APC to protect yourself ;)

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I ordered one of the elite carriers a couple days ago. Figured if it was really crap it wouldn't matter as much as it is a back-up set to a back-up set. If it is really bad I have some 500 plates I can put in it and just use it for cover.

Top Bottom