• ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Holy cow did I just witness a phenomenon yesterday… Safe Life Defense did something entirely predictable and started making rifle plates from their FRAS armor. They sent me (and presumably a zillion other people) an “exclusive” heads-up that they had 200 plates ready for immediate shipment at the cost of $400 each. For a brief moment I considered returning the rifle plates that I bought and buying a pair of these instead, but somehow I was able to resist the lure of the Quadpay thing and hung tight... Not more than a couple of hours later, the delivery date was 2 to 3 weeks and the price was $100 per plate higher. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to do the math: 200 plates at $400 each = $80,000… in two hours. And they’re now selling it at $100 higher per plate… Damn.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just ordered up one of these. I figured it was more practical for most situations and has better coverage than a plate carrier and plates. I can always add rifle plates to it later. It was easy to find a 10% off coupon and the quadpay thing is pretty neat. Besides, they had my size in stock so I jumped on it.

Thanks for the info.
    I just ordered one, and plates.

RealHonestAbe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2020
    Greenwood
    245b65059abdee3b20f50b133ea34367.jpg

Finally got my plates and carrier in. Now time to get my extra pouches and whatnots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    They have a 14x11 plates iirc.

I'm 6'2" it looks like it covers my liver which would be a major problem if hit. The 2xl plate carrier and 14x11 plates ar600 weight is 19.5 lbs with 3 mag pouch on it no mags in it though.

View attachment 137155

Just keep in mind, that much taller plate is going to be far more obnoxious if you have to drive a vehicle or sit down.

And that much weight is really really not going to be fun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just keep in mind, that much taller plate is going to be far more obnoxious if you have to drive a vehicle or sit down.

And that much weight is really really not going to be fun.
    I've already tested a few things it seems to be fine. Fits nice and snug.
    I won't be wearing it unless I have to, hopefully never. Something to pass down the line to the next generation.

I'm out in the country so a lot of you know what has to hit the fan before it gets to me.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    50lbs, oof. And I thought my 15lb setup was heavy.

If I wanted to spend about $1k on top of it, I could have got it down to 12lbs.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    50lbs, oof. And I thought my 15lb setup was heavy.

If I wanted to spend about $1k on top of it, I could have got it down to 12lbs.
    So all your mags, ammo, water, 3 days of food, rifle with 6 extra mags and handgun with 3 extra mags, and body armor and vest comes in at 15 lbs that's amazing.

Top Bottom