Bluffton Gun Shop - Who was it and where did it go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I remember there being a very good gun shop on the north side of Bluffton, in something like a quonset hut if I recall correctly.

However, I no longer can find it.

Does anyone recall their name or where they moved to? Their selection was good and they seemed to be doing well. I am getting down that way a tad more lately and would love to stop in and look around if they're still in the neighborhood.

Thanks,

Doug

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Are you referring to 21st century firearms?

They were a pretty good shop many years ago, I believe they sold to someone else quite some time ago. Only stopped in once or twice after the name change. Just never made it back down that way, never knew what happened of the place.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I remember there being a very good gun shop on the north side of Bluffton, in something like a Quonset hut if I recall correctly.

However, I no longer can find it.

Does anyone recall their name or where they moved to? Their selection was good and they seemed to be doing well. I am getting down that way a tad more lately and would love to stop in and look around if they're still in the neighborhood.

Thanks,

Doug
    This was the shop. I frequented it in 2008 or so, Great shop. I believe it was sold and I haven't been up that way in years. It was painted bright orange. The owner was a member here - Dave (Britton)
    Should be info here as he was quite active,.

21ST Century Firearms INC

827 N Main
    Bluffton IN 46714
    (260) 824-5530

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Are you referring to 21st century firearms?

They were a pretty good shop many years ago, I believe they sold to someone else quite some time ago. Only stopped in once or twice after the name change. Just never made it back down that way, never knew what happened of the place.

That sounds like it, 21st Century Firearms. Thanks!

So has it moved and changed names? I searched for gun shops in Bluffton and didn't find squat.

Doug

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    After Britton sold it to one of his guys - the shop slowly started it's death spiral.

It was a fantastic shop under Dave's ownership, IMO. I bought several guns there, as did my wife's step dad. I'm sure many other INGOers did, too.

I even met "MAC" there before he made it to the Big Time.

But it was a side gig for Dave. He had other lucrative income streams to keep himself, his family, and his gun shop afloat. Once the shop had to provide a living income stream to the new owner (who was a long-time employee of the shop / probably manager) - it just wasn't sustainable - unfortunately.

They're now out of business - as is the spin-off online only firearms/accessories retailer (started by another former INGOer). I forget the name of that business.

For Bluffton, the only place now that I can think of is the pawn shop on the FAR north side of town. Bluffton Gun & Pawn. North of Outdoor Concepts. Drive through the used car dealership to the east to get to it.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Looks like the Quonset hut is still there based on Google maps. Been a long time since I went there.

Maybe you can get some pancakes at IHOP, take a nap at the Mattress store, then go get a tattoo.

827.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It was 21st Century Firearms and the owner went on to other adventures in the gun industry. He's still doing a lot of big things importing firearms into the US.

The ownership changed into Prepper4 and that was a great shop, but when you buy a gun store shortly before the market tanks and the "trump slump" happens to gun sales it makes it very tough to keep the doors open. The owner of Prepper4 did everything he could to keep it going, but eventually had to shut the doors.

Both were great gun stores, and owners.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If'in y'all are on the north side of Bluffton - there's a FANTASTIC little pizza restaurant up there. Immediately adjacent to the Subway. Called Tyger Pizza. Maybe Tyger's. Anyhow - it's door is hard to find but it's there. Seriously good stuff. They PILE on the toppings. And they actually have food that my wife can eat and that's also fantastic.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It was 21st Century Firearms and the owner went on to other adventures in the gun industry. He's still doing a lot of big things importing firearms into the US.

The ownership changed into Prepper4 and that was a great shop, but when you buy a gun store shortly before the market tanks and the "trump slump" happens to gun sales it makes it very tough to keep the doors open. The owner of Prepper4 did everything he could to keep it going, but eventually had to shut the doors.

Both were great gun stores, and owners.
    I was in there a few times to browse when it was P4 and they seemed like great people. I hope life lead them to a lucrative endeavor.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I was in there a few times to browse when it was P4 and they seemed like great people. I hope life lead them to a lucrative endeavor.
    It was the same guys and staff from 21st Century to Prepper 4, only the owners changed. To me that's a testament to what a great outfit it was.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    If'in y'all are on the north side of Bluffton - there's a FANTASTIC little pizza restaurant up there. Immediately adjacent to the Subway. Called Tyger Pizza. Maybe Tyger's. Anyhow - it's door is hard to find but it's there. Seriously good stuff. They PILE on the toppings. And they actually have food that my wife can eat and that's also fantastic.
    Tyeger’s

:p

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I liked 21st Century. Good Folks, Reasonable Prices. I was in the Car Lot/Pawn Shop/Gun Store once, nothing there I could afford. Had New Prices on Well Used Guns. I've never been back.

HazelDell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Carmel
    I remember stopping by there once on my way back from Fort Wayne. It was a strange building with an orange roof if I’m not mistaken.

Top Bottom