• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is absolutely an example of the gun as a talisman to ward off evil. That .22 isn't good for anything except getting himself killed. It's out because he thinks that displaying it will make the bad people go away.
    I wouldn't discount the .22 WMR. It wouldn't be my preference, but much better than throwing dishes. He could well be adjusting for an environment that is 2A hostile.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I wouldn't discount the .22 WMR. It wouldn't be my preference, but much better than throwing dishes. He could well be adjusting for an environment that is 2A hostile.
    Caliber is far from the only problem here. That is not an effective combat weapon in any caliber.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I don't intend to ever go downtown again; you never know when a "mostly peaceful" protest may break out.
    Same for me. For an out of towner it is too hard to keep up with where is safe and where is sketchy. Add in the impromptu protest and you could go into a restaurant for dinner while peaceful and walk out into a mob while trying to get to your car. There's no food offered in downtown Indy that is worth the price (my safety and my wallet).

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Only going to get one shot so I'd as soon have a fifty or larger bore pocket pistol than a rim fire micro revolver.

Agree. Use the fire and smoke that goes with the discharge as a screen to escape.

Attachments

• pocket50.jpg
      pocket50.jpg
      459.2 KB · Views: 3

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    22WMR in an NAA has the exact same muzzle energy as a 22LR.

I'm not sure why people don't realize this. At most maybe a 25-50fps difference for equal bullet weights from those little 1-2" barrels.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    How ya gonna keep the powder in the pan when it's in your pocket? And follow-up shots would be... problematic. "Pardon me my good man, whilst I reload my pistol!"

The frizzen closes and keeps it pretty well tucked away.

As for follow ups, that's what the new york reload is for.
    Overall I don't see how it's any less viable than an NAA for defensive use, if we're really going to debate things this sketchy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't intend to go up there regardless.

It has looked like a desolate warzone for the past decade, to me.
    I wouldn't say that. Circle Center had started getting bad by then because of the kids that were gathering there and starting trouble, but the rest of down town was still thriving.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The frizzen closes and keeps it pretty well tucked away.

As for follow ups, that's what the new york reload is for.
    Overall I don't see how it's any less viable than an NAA for defensive use, if we're really going to debate things this sketchy.
    I know the frizzen closes, but how secure would it be in a pocket? But that issue aside, I guess y'all have bigger pockets than me! :):

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In the hands of someone spry enough to use it, I would agree. I would have to go with the NAA. Hmmm...do they make one on .17 HMR?
    Well that sent me down a rabbit hole I thought would end up costing me money.

long story short they did make one in 17 but it keyholed a lot so they discontinued it.

this makes me wonder is a mini revolver in 5.7 or better yet that 4.6x30mm that the mp7 uses the ticket is this form factor.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

long story short they did make one in 17 but it keyholed a lot so they discontinued it.

this makes me wonder is a mini revolver in 5.7 or better yet that 4.6x30mm that the mp7 uses the ticket is this form factor.

There's a reason you don't see bottleneck cases in revolvers. You get case stretch.
    This case stretch prys the case between the shoulder of the chamber and the breech, locking up the cylinder.

I know there's some 22 hornet revolvers, but if you notice, you don't see many of them.
    The ticket for that form factor is a single stack 380. If really desperate, a single stack 32.

If this is too big, you have some attire problems.
    KRFL5P9.png

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

That write-up seems to raise more questions than answers. It would be interesting to see a comprehensive test with a smooth bore, micro groove, and conventional rifling to see if uneven release from various points in the rifling contributes to the problem.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    There's a reason you don't see bottleneck cases in revolvers. You get case stretch.
    This case stretch prys the case between the shoulder of the chamber and the breech, locking up the cylinder.

I know there's some 22 hornet revolvers, but if you notice, you don't see many of them.
    The ticket for that form factor is a single stack 380. If really desperate, a single stack 32.

If this is too big, you have some attire problems.
    KRFL5P9.png
    Nothing wrong with my attire
    1620089240834.png

Top Bottom