• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    ...my current arsenal of muzzleloaders. The US musket and Fowler were bought from individuals. The .45 "hog" rifle was built by me at Flintlocks Inc with much help from the late John "Jerry" Eder. In the past I've had a 2nd model Brown Bess, a 77 Charlieville, a 53 Enfield, a JP Murray carbine, a Mississippi rifle as well as a Hawken or two. Nuthin' like the smell of real black as it hangs in the air!

Attachments

• 20220720_104605.jpg
      20220720_104605.jpg
      641.5 KB · Views: 17

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    Shot in the Woodswalk at Friendship last week. Had a blast. Cut the pop[sicle stick, nicked the card. Beat the other 2 in my relay by one shot.
    Missed the buffalo - big as a car door!!!:dunno:
    View attachment 207386
    ....ha, you're not alone, we used to have a fall woodswalk at Flintlocks Inc.....we had, like you said, a target big as a car door, I missed it, lol, gave my buddies a good source of entertainment....another one, we had a cardboard box nailed to a stump with two candles, the idea was to shoot out the candles, relight for the next shooter, someone left the lighter standing in the box. A buddy of mine in another group shot the lighter! Made for a spectacular shot, lol, set the box on fire....

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    ...my current arsenal of muzzleloaders. The US musket and Fowler were bought from individuals. The .45 "hog" rifle was built by me at Flintlocks Inc with much help from the late John "Jerry" Eder. In the past I've had a 2nd model Brown Bess, a 77 Charlieville, a 53 Enfield, a JP Murray carbine, a Mississippi rifle as well as a Hawken or two. Nuthin' like the smell of real black as it hangs in the air!
    Beautiful, talk about ghost guns, you got’em.
    :thumbsup:

Ortgies

Plinker
    Oct 14, 2022
    7597 W. C.R, 800 N.
    This is a great start! I got my start with black powder in the late seventies/early eighties going to primitive rendezvous with my uncle "Fire in the Face". I still have a quite a bit of my gear from back then, though much of it would be more suitable for my son. I have a CVA Mountain Rifle/pistol set in .45 caliber. I definitely prefer traditional muzz?leloaders to the modern inlines. I don't shoot them nearly as much as I would like, but I am planning on joining Riley CC soon, so hopefully that will change. I am always looking for a source for real black powder if anyone knows one. ;) Thanks, Brett
    Ludco?....Parker City, East of Muncie??

Ortgies

Plinker
    Oct 14, 2022
    7597 W. C.R, 800 N.
    What is a good starting muzzleloader. nothing to expensive. id like to stay under 250 if possible. with some ammo

let me know
    thansk
    CVA used to be pretty good. EMF is frequently below market, and can send to you direct. Saw them at an NRA national show some years back....coming to Indy again next year?? They would sell to you at show, but had to ship to you at home or office. Could not deliver any firearms at the show. Black Rifle coffee was there, too, and would deliver (I really like their coffee, a little goes a long way!) If you think this last is not a firearms issue,,,,,,,,try their coffee! If you're just getting into this, you might consider National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association. Great info. and they support 2A. (I'm not repping for them, but they have a lot to offer, and , I believe , are quite well regarded.)

BP Enthusiast

Plinker
    Oct 30, 2022
    shelbyville indiana
    This is a great start! I got my start with black powder in the late seventies/early eighties going to primitive rendezvous with my uncle "Fire in the Face". I still have a quite a bit of my gear from back then, though much of it would be more suitable for my son. I have a CVA Mountain Rifle/pistol set in .45 caliber. I definitely prefer traditional muzzleloaders to the modern inlines. I don't shoot them nearly as much as I would like, but I am planning on joining Riley CC soon, so hopefully that will change. I am always looking for a source for real black powder if anyone knows one. ;) Thanks, Brett
    I love my old CVA Hawken .50 but i also have an inl9ine remington model 700ML that i hunt with really like that but i deffinetly
    enjoy the CVA more also got starteed in early 80s

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I love my old CVA Hawken .50 but i also have an inl9ine remington model 700ML that i hunt with really like that but i deffinetly
    enjoy the CVA more also got starteed in early 80s
    Hello and welcome to INGO. Please click the link below and introduce yourself to the group. Good bunch around here.

musketjon

Plinker
    Aug 28, 2023
    California
    I've had this rifle-musket since 1978. I usta' shoot it in competition years ago. She's still one of my favorites. Wm Mason contract rifle. He made 30k of them for the civil war.

Jon

Attachments

• 20230212_102041.jpg
      20230212_102041.jpg
      500.6 KB · Views: 4
    • 20230212_102505.jpg
      20230212_102505.jpg
      302.5 KB · Views: 4
    Top Bottom