Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I didn't see it posted here... The DA's presentation which includes 911 call, dispatch call, cellphone video, use of force expert opinion, etc.

Key to me:
    1. The car was not Blake's, it was Laquisha's rental.
    2. He had taken her keys multiple times in the past with multiple previous 911 calls.
    3. The responding officers were aware of the felony sexual assault warrant and it was a "no discretion" warrant, they had to arrest him.
    4. Blake was aware he had a warrant out on him, had texted Laquisha about it and had looked it up on his phone (the reason he attempted to escape).
    5. Blake had the knife out and in his hand before going around the vehicle to escape. Enhanced still from cellphone video show this as well as testimony from all three officers and multiple witnesses. He had previous incident of confronting police with a knife daring them to shoot him.
    6. It was NOT 7 shots to the back, three were to the side consistent with both officers' testimony that Blake had twisted sideways in an attempt to stab the officer immediately prior to being shot.

IMO, 100% good shoot... no if's, and's or but's.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I dont think this was a good one for BLM to jump behind. If you read the public info on what the warrant was made for its pretty graphic. Not to mention if you ignore police at gun point, walk around and reach into a vehicle you're going to have a bad time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I dont think this was a good one for BLM to jump behind. If you read the public info on what the warrant was made for its pretty graphic. Not to mention if you ignore police at gun point, walk around and reach into a vehicle you're going to have a bad time.
    This assumes that BLM organizers actually value the truth over pushing a narrative to advance an agenda. Spoiler alert: they don't.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Most States are NOT like Indiana when it comes to bars and liquor laws. A lot of them you can be in a bar at 18 even if you can't drink. Waiting at the bar at a restaurant? No biggie with a kid in a lot of States. Indiana was the 50th State with Sunday beer sales, and it only took 69 years to get beer back at the State Fair.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I didn't see it posted here... The DA's presentation which includes 911 call, dispatch call, cellphone video, use of force expert opinion, etc.

Key to me:
    1. The car was not Blake's, it was Laquisha's rental.
    2. He had taken her keys multiple times in the past with multiple previous 911 calls.
    3. The responding officers were aware of the felony sexual assault warrant and it was a "no discretion" warrant, they had to arrest him.
    4. Blake was aware he had a warrant out on him, had texted Laquisha about it and had looked it up on his phone (the reason he attempted to escape).
    5. Blake had the knife out and in his hand before going around the vehicle to escape. Enhanced still from cellphone video show this as well as testimony from all three officers and multiple witnesses. He had previous incident of confronting police with a knife daring them to shoot him.
    6. It was NOT 7 shots to the back, three were to the side consistent with both officers' testimony that Blake had twisted sideways in an attempt to stab the officer immediately prior to being shot.

IMO, 100% good shoot... no if's, and's or but's.
    Sadly, just like 'hands up, don't shoot' lives on even though Obama's justice dept couldn't find anything but a good shoot, it is likely 'Justice for Jacob Blake' will never admit that that is exactly what he received

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the real question is "continued association?" Seriously? Another. Do they not realize that the "OK" symbol is not a racist symbol? It's okay to use the OK symbol. Let's not let ******** steal hand gestures.
    I've got a hand gesture for them. It's universally well known. No doubt about it.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sadly, just like 'hands up, don't shoot' lives on even though Obama's justice dept couldn't find anything but a good shoot, it is likely 'Justice for Jacob Blake' will never admit that that is exactly what he received
    The other day it came up with a friend at work. I challenged his belief about the common narratives about the high profile police shootings. He still thinks “hands up don't shoot” actually happened because the mainstream media didn’t widely report that the little **** who claimed it admitted that he made it up.

I mean, even Joe Rogan had a short memory. When the topic came up in a podcast just months ago, Rogan correctly said that hands up dont shoot was debunked. And his guest challenged that, “wait, is that really true?” And Rogan said that actually he didn’t know. People still believe the initial story. Celebrities are still saying it. Dave Chappelle repeated it recently.

And if you dare tell people, uh, that didn’t happen, the guy who claimed it admitted to police that he made it up, and forensic evidence supported the officer’s narrative...well, you’re just a racist.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The other day it came up with a friend at work. I challenged his belief about the common narratives about the high profile police shootings. He still thinks “hands up don't shoot” actually happened because the mainstream media didn’t widely report that the little **** who claimed it admitted that he made it up.

I mean, even Joe Rogan had a short memory. When the topic came up in a podcast just months ago, Rogan correctly said that hands up dont shoot was debunked. And his guest challenged that, “wait, is that really true?” And Rogan said that actually he didn’t know. People still believe the initial story. Celebrities are still saying it. Dave Chappelle repeated it recently.

And if you dare tell people, uh, that didn’t happen, the guy who claimed it admitted to police that he made it up, and forensic evidence supported the officer’s narrative...well, you’re just a racist.
    Kind of opposite of ‘the first liar never wins’.
    Why we’ll never win, because, heaven forbid, we would ‘stoop to their level’.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kind of opposite of ‘the first liar never wins’.
    Why we’ll never win, because, heaven forbid, we would ‘stoop to their level’.
    I think it's a sort of anchor bias, where sometimes people believe the first thing they hear.

And you're not going to win by "stooping" to their level. You just don't have what it takes to do that. They worked hard to build the support for them stooping to their own level. You haven't. You need the press, hollywood, basically all the major institutions. You can't pull that off.

You have to figure out how to win as you are. I think exposing the **********s democrats for what they are has been somewhat successful. The summer of violence with only Republicans capable of speaking out against it turned a lot of people away from Democrats. Maybe not enough, but could have been a start. And then they got turned right back in the weeks after the election. Maybe go back to that. It's a battle to win hearts and minds.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Looks like Jacob Brown, the guy that blm keeps calling an "unarmed black man", was in fact armed by his own admission.

Chalk it up to another blm bs story like "hands up don't shoot" amongst others.

Top Bottom