• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Per the article; The permits are only good for five birds, and there will be a maximum of 100 permits. If a livestock farmer has a problem with the black vultures attacking his newborns, killing five birds will probably not be enough, unless he SSS.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Per the article; The permits are only good for five birds, and there will be a maximum of 100 permits. If a livestock farmer has a problem with the black vultures attacking his newborns, killing five birds will probably not be enough, unless he SSS.
    That's what I was thinking. 100 permits, and assuming each permit holder takes 5 birds is only going to put a 500 bird dent in the population. I don't honestly know how much good that would do.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Read about these attacks awhile back. Are the vultures doing this because of loss of natural habitat or easy pickings?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Read about these attacks awhile back. Are the vultures doing this because of loss of natural habitat or easy pickings?
    When I saw the story on WTHR, as I understood it, it's just black headed vultures doing what black headed vultures do (going after the eyeballs of animals). Unlike our turkey buzzards/vultures that we're all familiar with, they're not strictly scavengers.

Top Bottom