• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    looks like blink cameras and sync modules can be had for a decent price. Anyone have them experience with them? Was looking at using the sync module with usb storage thus no subscription fee.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My only gripe is they can't see very far in the dark. The one I have outside about twenty feet in front of where I park my vehicles doesn't show my vehicles at night. Same with the one aiming at my shed.

You don't have outside motion lights?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We picked up a solar powered motion detector flood light at Home Depot recently very happy with it.

Fess up friend. :) Make, model? A link to it on Home Depot's page would be even better. :ingo:

I don't have a Home Depot anywhere near me, but have been buying a lot of great values from them. Just got in two orders from them today, free delivery.

20221125_192210.jpg

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Have a couple. They're alright. Use with the caveat that they are an open book to Amazon, spooks, and LE.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Have a couple. They're alright. Use with the caveat that they are an open book to Amazon, spooks, and LE.
    It’s early had to think for a second. So there is no encryption ? Amazon, Spooks(s) ? May be a concern. LE not so much.
    i
    they would be for perimeter use nothing inside.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I bought a couple of Shure sm57 mics from Amazon, I think they were $10 cheaper than normal price, and my wife bought a Ring doorbell chime with an internal wifi extender that was 40% off.

I’ve had really good luck with the cheapo solar motion flood lights from Menards. I have one that is going on 5 years old and still works like a champ. I think it was $12 off the shelf.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I bought a couple of Shure sm57 mics from Amazon, I think they were $10 cheaper than normal price, and my wife bought a Ring doorbell chime with an internal wifi extender that was 40% off.

I’ve had really good luck with the cheapo solar motion flood lights from Menards. I have one that is going on 5 years old and still works like a champ. I think it was $12 off the shelf.
    We miss Menards!

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It’s early had to think for a second. So there is no encryption ? Amazon, Spooks(s) ? May be a concern. LE not so much.
    i
    they would be for perimeter use nothing inside.
    Anything that saves recordings to the cloud is susceptible to being perused by the company that manages the service, requested by LE and alphabet agencies (spooks), and bad actors that manage to hack in. The communication between the camera and the service is most likely encrypted, the saved files are most likely encrypted, but encryption does nothing when the service providers simply hand over the unencrypted video to the requesting party.

This is true for most (all?) cloud based services, not just video camera based ones.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Anything that saves recordings to the cloud is susceptible to being perused by the company that manages the service, requested by LE and alphabet agencies (spooks), and bad actors that manage to hack in. The communication between the camera and the service is most likely encrypted, the saved files are most likely encrypted, but encryption does nothing when the service providers simply hand over the unencrypted video to the requesting party.

This is true for most (all?) cloud based services, not just video camera based ones.
    So guessing even if you do not subscribe to service they are reviewing to some degree?

p.s not all alphabet crowd people are bad

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Bass Pro has a Ruger sc9 (I think that was the model) for half price. Normally 499 for 249. It is on the cyber Monday deals.

Top Bottom