• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I've seen three black flags in the last few days. One on a flagpole and two on trucks. One of the trucks also had an American flag.
    I looked on line and the definition is...no quarter given......or no prisoners taken......
    Is this correct or is there another reason?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Depending on flag details, it most often means "no quarter given" in these parts.

I am sure others who know more will certainly share.

Then we can study Tarleton's Quarter.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I wonder if we are seeing yet another shift of the meaning of symbols. I wonder what group is going to claim this and for what reason. Or was pickup guy an actual anarchist?
    From that article it would seem if you are flying the black flag you wouldn't flay the the US flag

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Tik tok told me it’s a message to the alphabet boys.quite frankly they should take it seriously if that one CP offender in Florida is any indication of how they conduct their business.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    From that article it would seem if you are flying the black flag you wouldn't flay the the US flag
    That's what I thought. After searching around a little more I found that a black American flag, traditions stars and stripes but all black, was introduced during the civil war by Confederates. It was flown as an opposite to the white surrender flag and connotated no surrender and no prisoners taken. As per everything on the 'net, ymmv. I'd be curious to know in what context it is being used though, so I would better understand how to approach somebody flying it.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    That's what I thought. After searching around a little more I found that a black American flag, traditions stars and stripes but all black, was introduced during the civil war by Confederates. It was flown as an opposite to the white surrender flag and connotated no surrender and no prisoners taken. As per everything on the 'net, ymmv. I'd be curious to know in what context it is being used though, so I would better understand how to approach somebody flying it.
    You could always ask.
    Next time I drive by the house with the flagpole I'll attempt to stop and ask

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    You would think that if a person were pro America but anti gov policy they would use the Gadsden flag.

A black flag would be **** everyone.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    From my skate punk days

True Black flag does mean no quarter given.

a blacked out version of a country’s flag has been used by rebel groups to “take back the nation’s government “ in general

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Are you all describing an 'all black flag'? Or, a black 'stars & stripes', "American" flag, like this POS...

the exception for this being 'low-viz' black American flags on LEO, and military garments.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Henry Rollins is/was the lead singer of black flag. He likes to travel to places nobody goes to. He does spoken word concerts and if you listen to him he might be comparable to say Frank Zappa or George Carlin. A very smart man with a message.

Top Bottom