• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oneofus1

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Ft wayne
    no eggs to be found in my local supervalu. i think this still may be hitting hard. Im not suprised tho, chickens are filthy animals and their stool is highly toxic. you can only cram so many 1000s of these into a chick house before cleanliness becomes an issue. just dont take a picture inside of of these facilities, its against the law

CombatShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    NW
    Curiousity got the best of me. Here's the large egg selection and prices at the Safeway in my wife's hometown in the SF Bay area.

View attachment 194198
    Curious if they really have it in stock ? Some websites use a preset page and when you try to "add to cart" it will say out of stock. I know some areas in Orange county are seeing poultry / egg shortages as well as 100% markup on what is in stock

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Curious if they really have it in stock ? Some websites use a preset page and when you try to "add to cart" it will say out of stock. I know some areas in Orange county are seeing poultry / egg shortages as well as 100% markup on what is in stock
    No idea if they did at that time or not. I'm guessing there's not much available out there right now.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    So we are back in California for the Thanksgiving holiday. Got into town last Tuesday night and went to Costco to stock up on some things for my FiL and to buy bulk groceries for the stay.

Costco had no eggs. They were out and when we asked, we were told that they get shipments in the morning and they were usually sold out by 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

Wednesday morning we didn't want to deal with the 30 min drive to Costco, so we went to a regular grocery store. They had eggs, but a dozen ran from $6 and change to $9. We bought a carton of 3 dozen for $15.99 to "get a deal".

Chicken is around $6/lb too.

There's a similar provision for cruelty free pork. A roll of breakfast sausage is $6. Pork loin is $4+/lb. I didn't look at the price of bacon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom