• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Isn’t there a sticky where the mods can post the entertaining corespondent so we can have a good read and jump in one the dog pile?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Isn’t there a sticky where the mods can post the entertaining corespondent so we can have a good read and jump in one the dog pile?

Yes there is but we tend to keep most of what happens behind the green curtain.....well.....behind the green curtain.
    Usually Texkev will share one of the less visceral e-mails he gets but the PM's stay in the lock box.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've never gotten the negative sentiment towards classifieds biased posters.

Scenario 1, best scenario: poster makes good contributions throughout the forums, as well as buying (making sellers happy, and selling, making buyers happy.)

Scenario 2, better than nothing: Poster has nearly all of there activity in classifieds. Increased options for buyers, increased market for sellers.

Scenario 3: one less buyer in the market, and fewer goods listed in the market.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've never gotten the negative sentiment towards classifieds biased posters.

Scenario 1, best scenario: poster makes good contributions throughout the forums, as well as buying (making sellers happy, and selling, making buyers happy.)

Scenario 2, better than nothing: Poster has nearly all of there activity in classifieds. Increased options for buyers, increased market for sellers.

Scenario 3: one less buyer in the market, and fewer goods listed in the market.

There was a time when #2 was acceptable if on occasion the member made a contribution in open forum. I believed it led to more things to pick through in the WTB areas.

But now it seems those guys are using our site and many others for profit. No more/No less. A member passing something along to another member is one thing. Using us as a store front will no longer be accepted. We offer those folks a simple solution. Pony up for a site supporter banner or get with the keyboard and contribute. Pretty simple considering. Many drop the coin and support the site. They now have as bit of skin in the game. Some go straight up A$$hat and throw a tantrum accusing us of all sorts of this and that including being a racist. Yup. Its happened. They are quickly locked out of the classifieds and that leads to Tex getting a sob story PM or email (some get the hammer....repeatedly) about the power trip meanies he has moderating. Freaking hilarious people.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I don't see the problem. If they are using INGO as a personal store, then they contribute a mere $20 per year for a site supporter. They could make that $20 in one sale. Doesn't seem that difficult to contribute to the site, either through money or posts.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    We offer those folks a simple solution. Pony up for a site supporter banner or get with the keyboard and contribute. Pretty simple considering. Many drop the coin and support the site. They now have as bit of skin in the game.

Will you guys be keeping track of them so they have to renew? ;)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I don't see the problem. If they are using INGO as a personal store, then they contribute a mere $20 per year for a site supporter. They could make that $20 in one sale. Doesn't seem that difficult to contribute to the site, either through money or posts.

But you are dealing with people. There was a squatter that had a firearm listed for over $2,000. Looking at their history, there were numerous items within the last 12 months priced similarly. He was given the same option to start contributing or pay up. He cussed me out in a PM. He's no longer a member.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    But you are dealing with people. There was a squatter that had a firearm listed for over $2,000. Looking at their history, there were numerous items within the last 12 months priced similarly. He was given the same option to start contributing or pay up. He cussed me out in a PM. He's no longer a member.

For the win!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

But did you at least get the gun?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Oh Lawd! I just checked and I haven’t had an infraction in years, maybe not trying hard enough. *♂️ I don’t post a lot anymore and have long periods of absence but I do come back and read a lot. I peruse the classifieds and see a LOT of familiar names in there. Don’t sell/trade much anymore but I do have a few things I might post. I’d better behave...

Top Bottom