• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Sir, you really need to drop the KKK argument from your quiver. For all intents and purposes, the KKK is dead, and has been for several decades. There is maybe a thousand or two active members out of, what, 200 million white Americans? And in my 60 plus years, living in the North and the south, I've never met one person who supported anything to do with the KKK.

It's a specious argument. Let It die it's proper death.

Six Democrats started it,and now their party WON'T let it die.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think that's true too. Back in the late 70s when I was in high school a lot of dudes had that flag on their trucks. It probably was a symbol of rebellion. But you bring up a good point. I don't recall any of them speaking of the flag as being the confederate battle flag. They just called it the rebel flag. But trendy progressives will step into conversations and assert that it has to be what they say it is. I dunno. Probably because they saw it on CNN.

Like I said, I don't really give a flying **** about the flag itself. I don't own one, and would not buy one. I'm not culturally Southern. I'm certainly not a Confederate sympathizer. What I care about is bigots obstinately associating an entire region of people as members of a hate group, based on some common behavior. In my experience there are way more people who identify with the rebel flag for cultural reasons that have nothing to do with racism.
    I agree. I think the point to be empathized here is that It could be a symbol of rebellion for some or a symbol of southern cultural pride for others. It's not all about racism.

Oh and I went to high school in the 70's too and there were some rebel flag stickers as well. I believe that it was a cool symbol of rebellion for some kids and they didn't exhibit any racial motivation nor was it perceived that way. I think some just did it because they liked Lynyrd Skynyrd. :):

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The way I personally feel about confederate battle flags that are flown by a minority of overall MAGA supporters at Trump rallies is that it's a needless distraction. I just don't see it as something that furthers the movement. That's my opinion.

Last edited:

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I would agree with that. I think also that some of those northerners just see it as a cool rebellious thing to do. "I'm gonna fly the rebel flag because I want to be rebellious." To them it's just a symbol of rebellion.
    This is how I look at it, nothing more, nothing less. The bonus was it attracted a certain demographic of female that liked to party and go skinny dipping in Lake Michigan.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think that's true too. Back in the late 70s when I was in high school a lot of dudes had that flag on their trucks. It probably was a symbol of rebellion. But you bring up a good point. I don't recall any of them speaking of the flag as being the confederate battle flag. They just called it the rebel flag. But trendy progressives will step into conversations and assert that it has to be what they say it is. I dunno. Probably because they saw it on CNN.

Like I said, I don't really give a flying **** about the flag itself. I don't own one, and would not buy one. I'm not culturally Southern. I'm certainly not a Confederate sympathizer. What I care about is bigots obstinately associating an entire region of people as members of a hate group. In my experience there are way more people who identify with the rebel flag for cultural reasons that have nothing to do with racism.
    Ironic, ain’t it? A few people using certain flags and known for doing violence under them are terrible and all vestiages of those flags must be removed from public sight. People using certain other flags and known for doing violence under them are raised up as victim-heroes and those flags will be waving from every business, school, and church for the month of June.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I agree. I think the point to be empathized here is that It could be a symbol of rebellion for some or a symbol of southern cultural pride for others. It's not all about racism.

Oh and I went to high school in the 70's too and there were some rebel flag stickers as well. I believe that it was a cool symbol of rebellion for some kids and they didn't exhibit any racial motivation nor was it perceived that way. I think some just did it because they liked Lynyrd Skynyrd. :):
    And ”The Dukes of Hazzard” didn’t hurt its appeal, either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ironic, ain’t it? A few people using certain flags and known for doing violence under them are terrible and all vestiages of those flags must be removed from public sight. People using certain other flags and known for doing violence under them are raised up as victim-heroes and those flags will be waving from every business, school, and church for the month of June.
    Look what happened to the okay symbol as the secret hand sign white nationalists make to each other. The so called autists of 4chan made it all up to troll activist progressives. People got booted from baseball games for crying out loud. Because they’re gullible.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Look what happened to the okay symbol as the secret hand sign white nationalists make to each other. The so called autists of 4chan made it all up to troll activist progressives. People got booted from baseball games for crying out loud. Because they’re gullible.
    1680880812449.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A problem solved is a political issue lost.

True. It works multiple ways. Beware of Republicans, especially those with turtle heads, holding up a musket in a photo op to signal their 2A solidarity. They talk a fair game. Make promises. Fundraise off those promises. But if they work a little too hard in office and accidentally solve it, they can’t fundraise off it next time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is rarely mentioned but swastika’s are all over buildings and art from before WWII…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    True. It works multiple ways. Beware of Republicans, especially those with turtle heads, holding up a musket in a photo op to signal their 2A solidarity. They talk a fair game. Make promises. Fundraise off those promises. But if they work a little too hard in office and accidentally solve it, they can’t fundraise off it next time.
    Exactly.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Okay so some people use that as a racist symbol, that means all uses are racist. I think you should spend some time in the South.
    This ^^^

He also seems quite blissfully unaware that other symbols, specifically the swastika, have been in use worldwide for centuries - including by the Dineh in the American SW

The fact that Hitler and Nazis chose to bastardize a symbol of good fortune for their own purposes should not condemn the symbol, only its misuse

The confederate battle flag is not the problem, only the twisted ideas that some wish to associate it with

Same thing with guns, the gun isn't the problem. The problem is its misuse by people with twisted minds

At heart, the leftist worldview is unable to countenance any notions but its own pre-conceived ones as legitimate or correct

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The same was true about politicians vis a vis abortion

'Return me to congress and next time we really will defeat that evil once and for all.' During their term pretty much do nothing to solve the issue. Run/fundraise on it again next election. Lather, rinse, repeat. Same is true on 2A issues, politicians are chameleons who color themselves according to what keeps their surroundings comfortable

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The same was true about politicians vis a vis abortion

'Return me to congress and next time we really will defeat that evil once and for all.' During their term pretty much do nothing to solve the issue. Run/fundraise on it again next election. Lather, rinse, repeat. Same is true on 2A issues, politicians are chameleons who color themselves according to what keeps their surroundings comfortable

I suppose an artifact of that is that it's one less thing that Republicans can use to fleece money for their campaigns, but Democrats have a boon. I suspect there is no one happier than Nancy and Chuck, and if they had their way, would never accomplish restoring RvW and ending the perpetual influx of money.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I suppose an artifact of that is that it's one less thing that Republicans can use to fleece money for their campaigns, but Democrats have a boon. I suspect there is no one happier than Nancy and Chuck, and if they had their way, would never accomplish restoring RvW and ending the perpetual influx of money. [and votes of the gullible]
    D'accord

Does the use of a French phrase mean I'm displaying faux intellectualism? Asking for a f[ed]riend

Top Bottom