• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Smith Performance Center 629-7 Hunter .44 Mag. Lew Horton One of 250.
    7.5 inch barrel. Really nice Smith, one of my favorite guns I own.

full

full
    That's...just...flat out...pretty!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Here is my big bore. She's almost 30 years old. No failures with well over 2 000 full power 44mag rds through it. Not worth much but has paid for itself over the years putting deer meat in the freezer. She's completely paid off in that regard. I did have a trigger job done on it because the double action pull was insane. It's now very smooth. In single action It's around a 2lb pull. Very accurate revolver and it loves 240gr and 300gr XTP. Now my eyes are starting to get bad. I need to find some kind of mount to put a rds sight on it. Not sure where to find a mount for it. 20210106_151139.jpg

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Here is my big bore. She's almost 30 years old. No failures with well over 2 000 full power 44mag rds through it. Not worth much but has paid for itself over the years putting deer meat in the freezer. She's completely paid off in that regard. I did have a trigger job done on it because the double action pull was insane. It's now very smooth. In single action It's around a 2lb pull. Very accurate revolver and it loves 240gr and 300gr XTP. Now my eyes are starting to get bad. I need to find some kind of mount to put a rds sight on it. Not sure where to find a mount for it. View attachment 126863
    What's not to like there! Good looks AND serves you well! And honestly, I get you on the "eyes" thing. Here's what I would go with (and have gone with).

Take it to your local smith for a drill and tap, add a nice red dot and you are good to go! Makes a HUGE difference for changing eyes!

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And FOR SURE, always wanted a DE...never pulled the trigger...but I sure should have! What caliber did you go with?
    They don't deserve the bad rap they get. At least the newer models.
    Mine has always ran fantastic. Of course, 50AE all the way as that's the cartridge designed for the firearm.

fx7vo5Y.jpg

I can say with complete confidence I would not be opposed to trusting my life to it.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    They don't deserve the bad rap they get. At least the newer models.
    Mine has always ran fantastic. Of course, 50AE all the way as that's the cartridge designed for the firearm.

fx7vo5Y.jpg

I can say with complete confidence I would not be opposed to trusting my life to it.
    Oh dang! Killing me here...I WANT ONE!

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Alright, here's my Ruger Redhawk in .44 Magnum. Never thought I'd want that powerful a handgun, but now I love it! Presently, it sports some very boring Pachmayr grips, but they sure are a lot more comfortable than these beautiful a factory wood grips. Shame I can't find LPP anywhere - 2020 was NOT a good year to start reloading a new caliber.
    View attachment 126376
    I would love to have a Redhawk in .357 Magnum

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    I had the non pleasure of being three lanes over from a guy shooting one of those at a local indoor range last year. Man, what a cannon.
    Lol, yeah they’re not great for indoor shooting. However, it is s far more shootable round than people assume. If your fundamentals are weak it can be punishing though

Top Bottom