• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The democrats love refugees because unlike illegal aliens they are here legally and thus have a clearer path to citizenship.

I didn't realize you were from a native American tribe. For the rest of us:

new-colossus-the-welcome-blog-415x340.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You're talking about some of the most liberty-minded, entrepreneurial/ANTI-communist folk in the world, who have truly *suffered* for their beliefs -- have lost homes and whole families because of their Pollyanna beliefs that The American Way was the *right* way not only for 'Merica, but for their country, too -- and then, having labored so valorously in such a cause, YOU'RE GOING TO TERM THEM "COMMIES". M.F. *Stupid*azz M.F. BLIND, too.
    You really think all those Haitian "refugees" living under the bridge are Pro-America? Or are they just coming for their free stuff? And you do know that "refugees" are supposed to seek asylum in the closest country to theirs, right? Not travel 2000 miles to Mexico to then walk across our border?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're talking about some of the most liberty-minded, entrepreneurial/ANTI-communist folk in the world, who have truly *suffered* for their beliefs -- have lost homes and whole families because of their Pollyanna beliefs that The American Way was the *right* way not only for 'Merica, but for their country, too -- and then, having labored so valorously in such a cause, YOU'RE GOING TO TERM THEM "COMMIES". M.F. *Stupid*azz M.F. BLIND, too.
    OK who’s the idiot here. Member since 2008 and you act like this.
    30 days.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Wow, it actually took someone a bit longer than I thought to bring out that statue of liberty nonsense.
    1x3xda.gif

As I said upthread, unless it wasn't understood, none of us are natives. We are all immigrants or sons of immigrants. We all came here for different reasons. I don't look down on Afghans who helped us in their country getting the chance here in America, just like I didn't look down on the Vietnamese or boat people who got a chance, or the Irish, Italians, Ukrainians, etc etc etc.

We fought an assymetric war in Afghanistan and relied upon civilians to wage that war. That you believe we owe them nothing is symptomatic of the failures of many in our modern age.

Good day.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I saw on Newsmax that less that 3% of the Afghans coming here were helping us.
    I don't see a link.

Here is one from the NY Times

Tens of thousands of Afghan nationals risked their lives to assist the United States military in Afghanistan, many of them working as interpreters alongside American soldiers in combat. Now, after the Taliban’s takeover, they are more desperate than ever to leave — but swift, safe passage to the United States may prove elusive.

More than 300,000 Afghan civilians have been affiliated with the American mission over its two-decade presence in the country, according to the International Rescue Committee, but a minority qualify for refugee protection in the United States.

If I remember correctly just shortly after the US withdrawal in late August, a number of folks here criticized the administration for leaving so many Afghans behind at risk to their lives under the Taliban.

Now, it seems, the criticism is the other way. We should not have taken Afghans into the country.

A person reading these comments might be confused as to what this country stands for.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't see a link.

If I remember correctly just shortly after the US withdrawal in late August, a number of folks here criticized the administration for leaving so many Afghans behind at risk to their lives under the Taliban.

Now, it seems, the criticism is the other way. We should not have taken Afghans into the country.

A person reading these comments might be confused as to what this country stands for.
    Yes I am confused.
    in light of the last 12 years and the insanity it brought hell yes I am confused.
    nothing makes sense anymore.
    nothing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I don't have much sympathy for Haitians stacked on the border, or other people who attempt to get into the USA by "extra-legal" means.

But I do think we have a responsibility to certain individuals who worked with us to further our objectives in countries where we waged war...no matter how naive and misplaced some of those objectives for fighting there might have been

We certainly owe more to a translator or other individual closely tied to us than we do to a guy walking across a dam on the Rio Grande because he didn't like Chile. To say the Afghan should "stay and fight" is, at best, myopic, and at worse, a cynicism of the worst order.

We rebuilt Germany and Japan after WWII. Our enemies! And, as has been born out by their success, it was the right thing to do. After we blew the **** out of Dresden, we helped rebuild it. We brought in modern production methods to Japan....and they turned around and taught us about auto quality and electronics.

I'm sorry I got a little heated about the Statue of Liberty comment above. But, one of my grandfathers came through Ellis Island and I know how proud he was to see he had reached America. He raised a large family that, for the most part, were successful in their lives and contributed to this country. They never asked for one dime of assistance, even during the Depression. The subsequent generations of our family have all done well.

That statue represents hope. And I get pissed when someone doesn't recognize that the country was built on that hope as a foundational principle.

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I don't see a link.

300,000 collaborators and the country still fell in a week? Pfft.

How many of those 300,000 were turning around and working with the Taliban?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It's not that surprising. COVID is winding down and people are seeing through all the :poop: and lies. They aren't going to be able to ride the "pandemic" train much longer and need something else to cause panic, fear and division. If one of these fine upstanding people go all terrorist on us, that plays right into their plans. They can throw some Patriot Act on steroids up for a quick vote and they'll be back in control for the foreseeable future.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I don't have much sympathy for Haitians stacked on the border, or other people who attempt to get into the USA by "extra-legal" means.

But I do think we have a responsibility to certain individuals who worked with us to further our objectives in countries where we waged war...no matter how naive and misplaced some of those objectives for fighting there might have been

We certainly owe more to a translator or other individual closely tied to us than we do to a guy walking across a dam on the Rio Grande because he didn't like Chile. To say the Afghan should "stay and fight" is, at best, myopic, and at worse, a cynicism of the worst order.

We rebuilt Germany and Japan after WWII. Our enemies! And, as has been born out by their success, it was the right thing to do. After we blew the **** out of Dresden, we helped rebuild it. We brought in modern production methods to Japan....and they turned around and taught us about auto quality and electronics.

I'm sorry I got a little heated about the Statue of Liberty comment above. But, one of my grandfathers came through Ellis Island and I know how proud he was to see he had reached America. He raised a large family that, for the most part, were successful in their lives and contributed to this country. They never asked for one dime of assistance, even during the Depression. The subsequent generations of our family have all done well.

That statue represents hope. And I get pissed when someone doesn't recognize that the country was built on that hope as a foundational principle.
    That was you getting heated lol, you must be Captain Holt from Brooklyn 99. If the statue of liberty comment offends you then you democrats could just not bring it up every single time there's some discussion about immigration. It's not the 1600's, 1850's or even the early 1900's anymore, the needs of the country have changed. You need to drop that whole romantic attachment to some words put on the statue. There was a time immigration was encouraged and welcomed, we were a young country with over half of it still unsettled plus we were coming into the industrial age where workers were needed. Back then when you came you were on your own, no obamacare, section 8, and whatever other welfare democrats want to throw at you now. We need to be smarter now about our immigration policy like some of these other countries, we already have over 330M people here now, staggering debt, and out of control spending, we can't continue to take in anybody that shows up at the doorstep. The comment about afghans staying and fighting for their own country is neither myopic nor cynical but the right thing to do, what makes you think they're going to give a crap about the US if they couldn't even try to save their own country. I am supportive of bringing those here that worked closely with our military and risked their lives to do it but how many out of the thousands we are bringing here actually worked hand in hand with our forces? I don't know why you keep saying we somehow owe the people of afghanistan as a justification for bringing them here. We spent billions if not more over 20 years in afghanistan. We improved the infrastructure, gave them jobs, improved conditions for women and children, gave them a trained and equipped standing army and for what so a nation of 40 million people would just roll over to barely 75,000 taliban in a matter of days. We don't owe them a thing and certainly not a free ride to American citizenship. Maybe they'll surprise us and like your grandfather never ask for a dime of assistance but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom