Biden to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I hope everyone that voted for these 2 see and admit the errors of there ways.
    TDS is real.
    this is only the tip people. Prepare for a full blown screwing.
    Idiots.

Too late for people to admit the error of their ways, the damage is already done. All the sorrys in the world aren't putting this country back together.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    $4 gas?!!! More like $6 to $8 per gallon gas. By the time the Communists start implementing their "Green New Deal" and finish killing domestic production the United States will be more dependent upon the enemies of liberty than ever in our history. Exactly what the traitors desire.

If you consider the sum of the damaging things being proposed, massive new debt, carbon market plan, (that's worked out well other places...) production reductions, transport impediments, and further incentivizing NOT working the result will almost certainly be catastrophic. Probably hyper-inflation, with all that entails...

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I can not wrap my head around why they want to stifle commerce.
    But, in a "perfect" society, everyone would ride their bicycle to work.

You would just need a basket for your HVAC work... saw some guy in Norway did it! It was on PBS.

It's really the only way we can live on Mother Earth and still allow her to feel her inner goddess.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    But, in a "perfect" society, everyone would ride their bicycle to work.

You would just need a basket for your HVAC work... saw some guy in Norway did it! It was on PBS.

It's really the only way we can live on Mother Earth and still allow her to feel her inner goddess.
    We won't even need cars anymore, we are all supposed to live in these '15 minute' neighborhoods/cities. If you can't walk there within 15 minutes then you don't need it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We won't even need cars anymore, we are all supposed to live in these '15 minute' neighborhoods/cities. If you can't walk there within 15 minutes then you don't need it.
    We call those concentration camps. Whatever you do, do not go to the cities if you can avoid it. They can control you many ways there. Water, electric, sewage, trash pickup. Large police force. The police will self sort into good and bad. The good ones will be fired, the bad ones, up armored.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How was this pipeline not finished in the last four years?
    A friend of my grandparents worked on the Alaska pipeline. I recall him mentioning that it was a slow difficult process. The other thing you have to remember is that the pipeline could be essentially finished, just lacking final inspections and certifications to operate.

I can stop you from driving with a hotwire-proof ignition and denying you keys just as easily as by preventing the car from being constructed.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A friend of my grandparents worked on the Alaska pipeline. I recall him mentioning that it was a slow difficult process. The other thing you have to remember is that the pipeline could be essentially finished, just lacking final inspections and certifications to operate.

I can stop you from driving with a hotwire-proof ignition and denying you keys just as easily as by preventing the car from being constructed.

Since 2017 all cars are Internet connected and can be shut off by outsiders, not sure they have the infrastructure to do so everywhere yet...

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I didn't live in Indiana for the majority of the Obama administration, but out on the east coast I consistently paid over $5 a gallon for many years. A friend out there tells me they are finally paying under $3, so not too far off from us here. I'm sure that'll change.
    The irony of the gas prices, Obama ran on "Bush is a greedy oil man".
    Most of the 8 years President Bush was in office gas was under $2 dollars a gallon, I think the first 4 years he was in it was .96 cents per gal.
    The first 4 of Obama it was at or near $4 dollars a gal.
    Yet Bush was a greedy oil man with the help of the MSM.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    There sure is a lot of fearmongering in this thread.

Taken from an excellent How Stuff Works article on the matter:
    While gas prices might be a controversial topic for politicians, it's an easy one for economists. Virtually all economists agree that the U.S. president has very little control over the global price of crude oil, and therefore the local price of gasoline. If we can't rely on our leaders to help lower our fuel costs, we should rely on ourselves. The hard truth is that it's within our power to decrease the amount we spend on gas simply by driving less.

Biden is after oil, coal and natural gas. So if he gets his way all things ran by oil, coal or natural gas will go up 4x what they are now.
    Those resources are finite. When they quadruple in price, it's not because of a singular troubled pipeline (from its very inception) has been denied a permit. The writing has been on the wall for a long time: we need renewable resources to supplement, then replace, the non-renewable resources of the world.

BP Oil, one of the largest oil producers in the world, is slashing oil and gas output and investing heavily in renewable energy source ventures. These unfathomably big corporations get it and taking the necessary steps.

426,720 barrels of oil have already leaked from the pipeline. The pipeline has been controversial for many many reasons, one being how it runs over several major freshwater supplies. Maybe here in Indiana you may not be concerned about that, but if I were in Nebraska I sure as hell would be.

Though I certainly remember the Kalamazoo, Michigan spill which happened only 120 miles from me. Which, bear in mind, was one of the largest inland oil spills in the United States and took 5 years to clean up.

Yup. 24 gallons in my truck as well.
    Don't you think that's part of the problem? You own a vehicle that holds 24 gallons and, I'm being conservative here, likely gets 10 MPG highway. A Tesla costs as much as that truck did new, maybe even less, and will have you paying only for the electricity it costs to charge it. The cost of electricity is vastly cheaper than the price of oil. And, as more wind and solar farms are erected in our State, than that cost of electricity will certainly stay low.

I own a Toyota Prius and I fill my 10 gallon gas tank once a month. By the time I run this car to the ground, I hope fully electric cars will be available from all the major car manufacturers and as easily affordable as my Prius was.
    Somebody, I can't remember who (might have been jamil) said they excel at making renewable energy look cheap by making cheap energy more expensive
    That's silly to think it's some conspiracy.

If we were to draw out a curve of renewable energy resource cost, the front part of the curve is going to be high, then nosedive. Why? Implementation. The infrastructure needs to be built first, which requires an upfront cost. There is no such variable with petroleum right now: the infrastructure already exists.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There sure is a lot of fearmongering in this thread.

Taken from an excellent How Stuff Works article on the matter:

Those resources are finite. When they quadruple in price, it's not because of a singular troubled pipeline (from its very inception) has been denied a permit. The writing has been on the wall for a long time: we need renewable resources to supplement, then replace, the non-renewable resources of the world.

BP Oil, one of the largest oil producers in the world, is slashing oil and gas output and investing heavily in renewable energy source ventures. These unfathomably big corporations get it and taking the necessary steps.

426,720 barrels of oil have already leaked from the pipeline. The pipeline has been controversial for many many reasons, one being how it runs over several major freshwater supplies. Maybe here in Indiana you may not be concerned about that, but if I were in Nebraska I sure as hell would be.

Though I certainly remember the Kalamazoo, Michigan spill which happened only 120 miles from me. Which, bear in mind, was one of the largest inland oil spills in the United States and took 5 years to clean up.

Don't you think that's part of the problem? You own a vehicle that holds 24 gallons and, I'm being conservative here, likely gets 10 MPG highway. A Tesla costs as much as that truck did new, maybe even less, and will have you paying only for the electricity it costs to charge it. The cost of electricity is vastly cheaper than the price of oil. And, as more wind and solar farms are erected in our State, than that cost of electricity will certainly stay low.

I own a Toyota Prius and I fill my 10 gallon gas tank once a month. By the time I run this car to the ground, I hope fully electric cars will be available from all the major car manufacturers and as easily affordable as my Prius was.

That's silly to think it's some conspiracy.

If we were to draw out a curve of renewable energy resource cost, the front part of the curve is going to be high, then nosedive. Why? Implementation. The infrastructure needs to be built first, which requires an upfront cost. There is no such variable with petroleum right now: the infrastructure already exists.

When a president can change a couple of regulations that in the reverse took us from being a net consumer to a net producer of oil there is an impact adequate to shift worldwide supply. Supply and demand is the final arbiter of price.

Top Bottom