• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    First mention of Trump from post #3 of the thread (not counting social media quoted in opening post)

Post #6, next mention of Trump.

Post # 9 - another Trump mention

Post #13 - another mention of Trump

So how did @foszoe make the thread about Trump? Particularly, in post 13, you stated that the action was taken to "spite" Trump. Seems that was what made the thread about Trump.
    The thread is a discussion about Biden ****ing over Americans for no reason than to spite Trump. Shouldn't be too surprising that his name might pop up since he signed the executive order.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You're the one making every thread about Trump.
    Yet in this very thread Tombs mentioned him in post 3 and then you did in post 6, then JT Scribe mentions Trump, but someone else is making every thread about Trump. What post in this thread did I bring up Trump?

The evidence is plain to see who brought Trump into the Thread.

Edit: I see the point was already made.

So it's ok for everyone else to discuss Trump? LOL for real!

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    1. He's not my boy.
    2. Your boy promised the $2K last fall and again in Dec.

So I guess you are ok with everyone else sucking it up and being happy because they don't get the same breaks. Those with diabetes and allergies are more deserving in your world. Perhaps you can explain why to those folks?
    Trump asked them for a stand-alone bill to get checks out ASAP. They come back with a bill that we send millions to Pakistan for gender studies. We send 500 million to isreal just because. That measly check people may or not have gotten simply sold out their child’s birthright in future taxes.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My wallet, and My son with Type 1 diabetes thanks all the douchebag idiots who voted for Hiden/Herass, and helped him steal the election
    I hear ya. I have a brother who is Type 1, has several other issues, low income, doesn't have great insurance. He already struggles to pay for insulin. He voted for "bad orange man" and is pissed off.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trump asked them for a stand-alone bill to get checks out ASAP. They come back with a bill that we send millions to Pakistan for gender studies. We send 500 million to isreal just because. That measly check people may or not have gotten simply sold out their child’s birthright in future taxes.
    But this seems to be easily forgotten in the arguments.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Missing something here I am sure but here goes anyway...

Places can buy in bulk and save money. That seems legit. Gov steps in and says that when they save the money they have to pass the savings along to Joe Consumer.

If that is the case what is the incentive to buy in bulk? They don't care about saving the end user money. They care about saving themselves money.

The other part about saving money if certain places have the product seems fishy as hell. Monopolies and all that. Easy to put the little places out of business when they can't compete with the same prices on drugs.

What did I miss?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I hear ya. I have a brother who is Type 1, has several other issues, low income, doesn't have great insurance. He already struggles to pay for insulin. He voted for "bad orange man" and is pissed off.
    There are low cost alternatives through Walmart but they are not the same as newer insulins, they are slower acting and you need to be more disciplined but it's better than nothing.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Missing something here I am sure but here goes anyway...

Places can buy in bulk and save money. That seems legit. Gov steps in and says that when they save the money they have to pass the savings along to Joe Consumer.

If that is the case what is the incentive to buy in bulk? They don't care about saving the end user money. They care about saving themselves money.

The other part about saving money if certain places have the product seems fishy as hell. Monopolies and all that. Easy to put the little places out of business when they can't compete with the same prices on drugs.

What did I miss?

The EO only applies IF they are accepting grants from the federal government.

TLDR, if the government is subsidizing your business, you can't make a profit by gouging the people you're taking grant money to help.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Well we can start with the title of the thread and the conclusions being drawn are at the very least misleading. There is a difference between reversing and freezing. Come March, if three is an actual reversal then those that want to be outraged can be outraged.

The broader question for me though is, when is government and specifically executive action OK when it comes to healthcare? I would think that question is separate from the whether or not we like the outcome of the action. Would you disagree?
    And there is your typical answer. Deflect, change the subject, put it on someone else. The fact is, again the fact is, biden reversed the EO. Biden put 11,000 people out of a job. Most of those union jobs. He ticked off Canada, and will seek to raise has prices which hurt the middle class. But, instead of admitting these things, the left deflects and closes their eyes cuz orange man bad. This is how it's done, Trump was awful banning bump stocks. That was wrong and terrible. I can admit when a guy on the right does something bad. The left never admits anything, hell they don't even know their side does anything other than fight for "justice". Yikes

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well we can start with the title of the thread and the conclusions being drawn are at the very least misleading. There is a difference between reversing and freezing. Come March, if three is an actual reversal then those that want to be outraged can be outraged.

The broader question for me though is, when is government and specifically executive action OK when it comes to healthcare? I would think that question is separate from the whether or not we like the outcome of the action. Would you disagree?
    Does your body produce enough insulin so you don't need it, if so, be thankful.
    You need to have a serious sit down discussion with a Type 1 Diabetic who has been on insulin their WHOLE life.

Insulin is not new product, it was first introduced in 1923, I think they've more than recouped their their money millions of time over. Especially since how much it's increased in price since
    Obama's Not so affordable "Afordable Health Care Act was enacted.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Someone I know personally had his 3 month supply go from $680 to $95, don't know what it will be in future. Jim.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    I believe the reason the EPI pens are the prescriptions that Trump chose for an EO to encourage a huge reduction in costs is because the Federal government paid for the entire development program with the promise that if it worked out the pharmaceutical companies would give affordable options to the patients. The dr who invented the EPI pen in the 1970 Sheldon Kaplan didn't even put his own name on the patient. The saving never became a reality which resulted in billions of dollars of profits to the two subsidiaries owned by Pfizer. So since tax dollars paid for a EPI pens development, not the the company in question it stands to reason the Federal government should have jurisdiction over it's costs, and distribution.

Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    Ok, I work for a Pharma company, so I have an idea about this particular EO. It requires “federally qualified health centers” that administers insulin and epinephrine to pass on the savings they get from the 340B program directly to patients.

What is 340B? It’s discounted drugs that hospitals and clinics can buy if they qualify for the program. When you go to a qualified hospital and they determine that you qualify for it, they’ll charge you the discounted price. The vast majority (if not all) health centers that qualify for 340B are already passing the savings on to their patients. Why? If they fail to do it, they’ll eventually lose their qualification.

What does the EO mean then? When it becomes required, then the health center must have a system in place to prove it. It has to show that drug X batch Y was acquired at 340B price, then administered to patient Z at a lower price, whenever the gov’t audits it. Such a system is not easy to create, because it contains patient personal information, and therefore has to be secured up to HIPAA standard.

In theory it ensures that all 340B discounts reach the patients instead of pocketed by hospitals and clinics, in practice it increases the cost to every health center already passing the discount along. The tracking system needs a person and a (not cheap) computer system to manage. It may not need a full 40 hours a week from an employee, but it still costs extra.

One thing for certain, putting the EO on hold does not increase the price of insulin and epinephrine. In some cases it may delay you from getting discounted price, but if you are already getting the discount, you’re not losing it.

Top Bottom