• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah we should amend the Constitution so that a candidate for presidency has to disclose both his birth certificate and all of his tax records that would be awesome!
    Uhh, we don't have to amend the Constitution

Article II Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.
    Are you saying a candidate for president should not have to satisfy legitimate questions about his eligibility? But he should have to produce his tax returns?

If you made that a blanket provision and all potential or current federal office holders had to make public their taxes, do you think you could get it passed? Or is it just single out Trump as the target, as usual

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh no, there's plenty of other reasons that I dislike Trump. Plenty. But this forum will not allow me to say why... well not without an avalanche of personal attacks, and people dreaming for me to be banned over my own personal opinion. I'd rather not have your switchboard light up like Christmas, and then have to endure half-a-million insults, and not be able to respond back.
    Just a reminder, for future posting:

"Trump was crooked" would be an accusation requiring sourcing and evidence

"
    I think Trump was crooked" would be a personal opinion, but might still demand sourcing and evidence to support it if you don't like being criticized

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Politics is full of these "evolutions" where people figure out how to get fame/power/money while being on the "wrong" side of an issue...then later in their career, figure out how to get even more fame/power/money by shifting to the right side of that same issue.
    licensed-image.jpeg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why can't I be me, you be you and if we ain't bothering each other then live together in peace without other people telling me how to believe and think?
    You can, right up to the point where you think the system should be bent to make others approve of the choices you make; because 'you being you' doesn't ever seem to be enough without some kind of forced approbation

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    T.Lex admitted in 2016 he was a Never-Trumper. He made himself relatively scarce here during the Trump years. Now he's back, angling to prove to you that what Biden is doing is more popular than what Trump did. My educated guess is, this is the first shot in his three-year quest to convince you you all made a mistake by voting for Trump, and that in order to "Save The Republic," the next Republican Nominee cannot "be like Trump."

Play on if you want. You are being royally had.
    Best post in the thread...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Uhh, we don't have to amend the Constitution

Are you saying a candidate for president should not have to satisfy legitimate questions about his eligibility? But he should have to produce his tax returns?

If you made that a blanket provision and all potential or current federal office holders had to make public their taxes, do you think you could get it passed? Or is it just single out Trump as the target, as usual
    The post you replied to was somewhat tongue in cheek.

How many President's had to produce a birth certificate prior to election? How many have been asked to produce them? Don't remember any in my lifetime except for the one that wasn't white. Can't help but wonder if that is because its okay to assume all the white one's were US citizens. IN the people I know personally, race was a huge driver behind the birth certificate argument. Not saying it applies to anyone here, but it was definitely in play.

Maybe someone who is a Presidential historian can show precedence for such demands?

Also your interpretation of the constitution means that a birth certificate MUST be produced when asked for by a citizen?

The biggest issue I had with Trump's tax returns is he promised to release him then didn't, not that he didn't release them. I found his excuses for not doing so lacking. I mean wasn't he being audited already when he made the promise to release them? Did he say I will release them AFTER the audit when he first made the promise.

IF the promise was made and then the audit came, then I could understand Trumps position, but I wouldn't agree with it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How many President's had to produce a birth certificate prior to election? How many have been asked to produce them? Don't remember any in my lifetime except for the one that wasn't white. Can't help but wonder if that is because its okay to assume all the white one's were US citizens. IN the people I know personally, race was a huge driver behind the birth certificate argument. Not saying it applies to anyone here, but it was definitely in play.

Maybe someone who is a Presidential historian can show precedence for such demands?
    Is there anyone with as questionable of a citizenship record as BHO?

Why would anyone question other presidents and candidates that you can interview the delivery doctor, their kindergarten teacher and easily follow the steps of their lives?

There are big questions still unanswered and likely never will be answered...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think that definition falls short.
    There are many that don't meet that definition.
    Go file a FOI on a maintenance manual for any type of nuclear bomb.
    Also, things like DD-214s have limits on access.
    If you're talking about the Webster definition, this quote was from it. So the things you listed aren't "public records", govt records yes, public records no.
    Note: Public records are subject to inspection, examination, and copying by any member of the public

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is there anyone with as questionable of a citizenship record as BHO?

Why would anyone question other presidents and candidates that you can interview the delivery doctor, their kindergarten teacher and easily follow the steps of their lives?

There are big questions still unanswered and likely never will be answered...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It's not the big questions that are unanswered that I find disconcerting great that there are unanswered big questions. It's the big questions that many here think have been answered to a sufficient level to believe that answer that gives me pause.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    How many presidents legally locked down every aspect of their past so even their college records could not be seen? How many presidents had such a complex parentage with respect to citizenship and obfuscated the details of their actual birth so determinedly?

Like jamil says, 'If you act like you're hiding something, I'ma gonna' think you're hiding something'

I had to produce more and better records just to renew my customs and security clearances than Obama did to be president. The race thing is just a black herring, he was just the first president who not only was not obviously American by inspection but also the first to disparage being American and act like he was ashamed of it - and racism became the all purpose excuse for his shortcomings

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How many presidents legally locked down every aspect of their past so even their college records could not be seen? How many presidents had such a complex parentage with respect to citizenship and obfuscated the details of their actual birth so determinedly?

Like jamil says, 'If you act like you're hiding something, I'ma gonna' think you're hiding something'

I had to produce more and better records just to renew my customs and security clearances than Obama did to be president. The race thing is just a black herring, he was just the first president who not only was not obviously American by inspection but also the first to disparage being American and act like he was ashamed of it - and racism became the all purpose excuse for his shortcomings
    Another stellar post.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Another stellar post.
    So tax records are OK to hide 4th amendment

College records must be released because some wants them.

Makes no sense.

In my opinion,

If a birth certificate is required by the constitution were they produced by any other president?

Whether you or I believe something to be true or not shouldn't matter. If the Constitution says you have to be a US citizen it either requires requires everyone to produce one or it does not.
    I don't believe it does make that requirement so the burden of proof would fall to those who make the claim that Obama wasn't a US citizen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Makes no sense.

In my opinion,

If a birth certificate is required by the constitution were they produced by any other president?

Whether you or I believe something to be true or not shouldn't matter. If the Constitution says you have to be a US citizen it either requires requires everyone to produce one or it does not.
    I don't believe it does make that requirement so the burden of proof would fall to those who make the claim that Obama wasn't a US citizen.
    If a guy like GWB runs for president with a solid back ground the question is never raised. Same with Billery and Reagan and well.....you get it.

When "O" shows up and no one can track this community organizer and no one remembers him at the college he claims to have been the law review something or other and no one can track any of that stuff either then hell yes the questions need to be asked.....They were. And they were not answered. They were blown off by his "Friends" in the MSM.

Do you live to just screw with people......?????

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Makes no sense.

In my opinion,

Does Indiana have secure DL? What did you have to provide for positive identification? Don't you think the president should do at least that much?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If a guy like GWB runs for president with a solid back ground the question is never raised. Same with Billery and Reagan and well.....you get it.

When "O" shows up and no one can track this community organizer and no one remembers him at the college he claims to have been the law review something or other and no one can track any of that stuff either then hell yes the questions need to be asked.....They were. And they were not answered. They were blown off by his "Friends" in the MSM.

Do you live to just screw with people......?????
    To answer your question no.

He did produce a birth certificate.

The theories that said he wasn't a citizen couldn't even agree with each other.

I go back to my point though.

Does the constitution require a birth certificate to be produced? Do you believe it does? If it is a requirement then every president should have done it prior to Obama and Obama would have to prove citizenship.

If you don't the burden of proof falls to the accusers to prove their case. With multiple disagreements between those who said he didn't meet the requirement I'm their theories, that's enough to make them suspect.

Finally during that time, didn't Republicans try to pass legislation requiring a birth certificate?

If the Constitution required it then legislation would not be necessary. At the very least it can seem Republicans tacitly acknowledged there was no requirement to produce one under the constitution

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Does Indiana have secure DL? What did you have to provide for positive identification? Don't you think the president should do at least that much?
    No. Driving is a privilege not a right. It's also a state issue not a federal one.

Should you have to provide you are a Citizen in good standing to purchase a firearm? Ammo?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The constitution requires a presidential candidate to be a natural born citizen, so the burden of proof should have been on Obama, but the demand for proof should have come when he was running for the senate.

How surprising that the darling of the Cooke County Machine was not thoroughly vetted

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom