• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Those older steel wheelie revolvers...heavy enough to help absorb recoil, yet light enough to still carry comfortably all day long! Shooting standard pressure 158 grain JHP .38's is very comfortable in an SP101...my wife did that for years when she had her .38 SP101!
    The best thing about the SP101's and the S&W J-frames, is the variety of grips available that helps make those little revolvers fit just about anyone's hand, comfortably!
    I have an SP101 in .327 fed mag.
    It's a sweet shooter, not much recoil, and light enough to carry all day
    Only drawbacks right now is ammo availability, but I load for this caliber and have a stock of components and brass.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have an SP101 in .327 fed mag.
    It's a sweet shooter, not much recoil, and light enough to carry all day
    Only drawbacks right now is ammo availability, but I load for this caliber and have a stock of components and brass.
    I looked into getting a .327 myself but the cost of ammo was prohibitive and availability was scarce... otherwise, great caliber with decent ballistics for multiple purposes.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I looked into getting a .327 myself but the cost of ammo was prohibitive and availability was scarce... otherwise, great caliber with decent ballistics for multiple purposes.
    I was already into the .327 when the SP101 became available.
    I had/have a Taurus 605 snub nose in .327, as well as 2 Henry levers in .327.

davidwilso78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2023
    Fishers
    I bought my wife a Smith Shield Ez 2.0 9mm and am completely convinced this is the perfect gun for her. It shoots great and lives up to the title EZ. The trigger is nice, the recoil and racking are all manageable for a gun of its size. I don’t think anyone would be disappointed if you purchased one.
    I have the original 9mm Shield and I am very impressed with the 9mm 2.0 EZ... In my opinion they fixed everything that I complained about especially the heavy racking!

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    My wife just picked out a Glock 43X today. Sugar skull grip. Gonna get her an optics cut slide and a holosun. She's in love.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    If you want to save a bunch of money and time, find a range that rents guns for her to try, or even better yet...a class for her to take.

I recommend an outdoor range if possible.

Gamori

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2022
    Lake County
    Mine shops for and buys her own. She likes her G2C in the house/truck and her CSX carry. Although she does keep trying to steal my 911 .380.
    Her dislikes: Glock. Anything else without a thumb safety. Might talk her into trying out a ms hellcat some time.

Top Bottom