• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    DO NOT overcook venison steaks... gotta keep some pink or red in the middle.
    If overcooked to 'medium well' or 'well done', it takes on a liver-y flavor (my experience anyway).
    Also, steaks are great but if you have a roast cut (neck or chuck) and s-l-o-w cook it a crock pot or dutch oven for several hours...
    mmmmmmm, good. And it's pretty much fool-proof.
    You can use any slow cook beef roast recipe and just substitute the venison.
    I can't figure out how to plug in my dutch oven

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I like to cut back straps about an inch thick. We will marinate them, wrap with bacon, and grill. As others said, medium rare is best. We also sometimes cut smaller pieces, wrap with bacon and jalepenos. One of my favorites is to cut them thin, bread them in cracker crumbs, and deep fry. Makes my mouth water thinking about it!

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I treat it just like a quality beef steak. I like mine medium rare. Seared over oak or hickory coals is best. However you like your steaks.
    This. HOT coals. Sear both sides quick then turn regular until cooked no more than medium rare. Also, trim off any fat you can first.
    Crock pot and beef broth makes a wonderful roast.
    Burger best used in chili's and sauces. Too dry for a good burger. You can mix with ground beef though.
    DO NOT OVERCOOK YOUR STEAKS!

Top Bottom