Best Non-FFL items you buy at the show.?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Would love to be a vendor at the show just for a hobby, but don't want to sell guns. So........

What are your most popular items you have found at the show?

Jerky? Holsters? Any input might be helpful.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Steel targets, safes or ammo are too heavy to tote in and out.
    Jerky, nuts or candy would be ok but you will get into your profits.
    Kydex holsters are nice but take a bit to make / form.
    Leather holster are real nice, something to consider.
    Scopes, uppers, or knives I do not think would suit just a “hobby” business.
    Magazines or clips equal a lot of different inventory to cover your bases.
    Brand or platform specific parts would be ok if you like a particular subset. Such as Glock, 10/22, 1911, or AK /AR.
    cleaning and or maintenance products are also a good market.
    Just a couple of thoughts.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    You definitely want to limit your needed inventory, which means that you don't want anything to be firearm-specific. But you also don't want anything that is available at 20 other booths.

I haven't been in a while, but I don't remember there ever being a table dedicated to slings. That might be a viable specialty without having to keep hundreds of varieties. A few colors in each of 5 or 6 styles might just be all you need to get started.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The things I miss from the Indy1500 shows are the couple of vendors that carried some higher end parts. Trijicon, GG&G, AD, ARMS, Badger, Aimpoint, LaRue... parts, etc. I'm SOO sick of all the cheap China parts.

PK out of Illinois was one of those vendors. They probably stopped showing up because the Indy1500 is turning into a flea market instead of a gun show.
    PK Firearms |

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    There seems to be a proliferation of purses, jewelry, t-shirts, dog treats, fidget spinners, and other flea market items. The shows are really going downhill.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    The most useful non-gun item was I got was a belt.
    I wear it near every day.

QFT, I bought 2. Full grain, thick. The kind your father got hided with.

I like the sling idea too. Some swivels/QDs, not a huge space taker.
    Just tell 'em everyone needs a carry strap on their rifle.

ndbbm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Gun cleaning accessories, rods, brushes, solvents, bore guides, etc. I've not seen anybody doing it at the 1500 since my friend Bernie passed away some years ago.

tribeofham

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Fishers
    People not selling firearms or firearm related items is what is causing the 1500 to go downhill.

Don't want to sell guns or gun related things? Don't.

I have to agree. Spending my time, paying for parking, paying the entrance fee only to be greeted by candied nuts and beef jerky is disappointing. While the jerky might be good, it's not the place to sell it. And for this reason, I silently boycott everything which is not firearms related.

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    I have to agree. Spending my time, paying for parking, paying the entrance fee only to be greeted by candied nuts and beef jerky is disappointing. While the jerky might be good, it's not the place to sell it. And for this reason, I silently boycott everything which is not firearms related.

I agree as well. I've only gone once in the last couple years and I'm not sure I'll be back... I'd go if I'd want to amuse myself with viewing the sky-high prices. The mil-surplus items seem to be drying up so fast these days. I got started collecting mil-surp too late in the game to see the initial & incredibe low prices that I'm sure were to be had in the past at shows like these late-90s and early-00's.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Spelling

One vendor I look for sells UNder Armor type t shirts in XXXL that are long.

I am a well nourished big guy and never see them in my size.

Don

P. S. - Not to worry, worn as undergarments only!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Taking about silently boycotting something on the internet removed the silently part

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

FWIW...The candied nuts folks have been a part of the 1500 even back in the "glory days" when mil-surp and such was plentiful. Back in the 80's they were about the only non-firearms related booth at the show. I guess what I am saying is they are kind of a staple at the show and I rather enjoy the smell of their product versus the smell of...well you know...the un-bathed and crop dusters. Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom