• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I want an all arounder. It is going good be my only gun and a carry. I have owned a few various guns but never had more than 1 at a time because of fund issues. I am looking for something sizewise between the g19 and g43 which were my latest Guns ( the g19 seemed a little big to carry the g43 is just not comfortable for me)
    If you shoot Glocks well and are familiar with them I'd suggest you stay with a Glock.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    S&W M&P series with out a doubt. You can go full size or Shield for CCW. Safety or no safety. Very reliable (I bet my life on my .45 Shield every time I leave the house) and easy to shoot. And you can occasionally find a deal on 1 in the classifieds here. Save some money and buy ammo with it. That way you will have a terrific gun that you can depend on and still stay well under your budget.

rlw9337

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    First I would recommend you go and try some rental guns or find folks who will let you try their guns. You will be trying to determine if you can handle the recoil and muzzle blast of the smaller lighter guns. The full size plastic hand guns are much easier to master than the smaller versions. You will expend less ammo ($) to become proficient. Are you stuck on a hand gun? Do you plan to carry?

TommyD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The topic was handguns under $450. These can be bought for significantly less. In the last few years there have been literally thousand of BMs released for sale. With all of those around I would think parts availability would not be an issue for awhile, anyway. I have seen some really rusted pieces and some really nice ones. I like the steel construction, heaver weight would be better for the novice to absorb recoil. Fits well in my wife's hand. Single stack, if I can't get the job done with that I shouldn't be shooting at someone. Slimmer grip for smaller hands. If you are a gun enthusiast a good primer somewhat for the 1911 design.

My Super B is a sweet shooter and a very accurate piece. Second one I have had.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Look at CANIK. Have owned 3, loved each one. Currently have a TP9SF. Another option is s&w swve, but the triggers suck.
    I started with the canik V2 then my daughter wanted it and so it went home with here after 2300 perfect rds, I bought an SF just got over 1000rds on it and my nephew wanted it. So he got a gift from his uncle. I now have a DA love it. It is an upgraded V2. It isn't going anywhere.

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    I started with the canik V2 then my daughter wanted it and so it went home with here after 2300 perfect rds, I bought an SF just got over 1000rds on it and my nephew wanted it. So he got a gift from his uncle. I now have a DA love it. It is an upgraded V2. It isn't going anywhere.
    Started with an SF, buddy needed a 9 so I sold it to him, bought another really cheap, then bought another, lol. Really want the executive combat carry, suped up salient arms parts pistol!

Flight567

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    US
    If you have a g19, I honestly recommend that you spend the money on a new wardrobe to carry it, a quality belt, and holster. I would say that for most people the glock 19 is a phenomenal concealed carry choice. It may seem a little big, but give it a shot with some loose clothing, a good belt and holster. I bet you'll barely notice that you're wearing it after a couple of days.

That being said; if you're determined that the 19 is too big I would probably point you toward either the 26, or a p365. The 26 Is nice because you can keep a 19 mag as a spare and it keeps you in the same grip angle. The p365 does a lot of things well especially for its size. I wouldn't carry one though. Its too small for me (and I'm not a big dude). If I had the choice between those two I would go 26 because of magazine interchangeability with your 19.

Edit: so a solid value is the arex delta

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

bcod151

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    LA PORTE
    If used doesn't bother you then I would pick up a glock 19 or 26. You can sometimes find them around 450 or less. If you are looking for a slimmer handgun then I would try the glock 43 or save a few bucks and pick up the m&p shield.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I like the Springfield XDs in 9mm or 45acp. I've carried a XDs 45acp 4" for a few years now and with over 2000 rnds through it I have been extremely happy with it. They can be found in your budget pretty easily.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    M&P without doubt. Great gun, choice of calibers, easy to break down and clean, and one of the Shield series makes a great CC gun.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Please tell me where all these LGS $400/$450 Glocks are..................I have a bid on one now on GB (G-22 LE Trade in) for $425 with 2 days left, and about zero chance it stays at that,

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I think you should go and rent an EZ in 9mm and see if you like it. If you do, I "might " know someone who may want to sell theirs.

Top Bottom