• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gene.Bean

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2020
    Columbus, IN
    Hello everyone. I've been looking at picking up a p365 for a daily carry. Right now I have a walter pps m2. I daily carry it and like it a lot, but the increased round size for a similar sized gun seems tempting.
    I know the 365 had some issues when it was first released, but now they seem to have been taken care of. Any thoughts?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Most "issues" as far as quality manufacturers are greatly exaggerated. 365s are fine hndguns. Bothing wrong with that choice.

Its basically uo to your needa and body shape and how you want ir don't want to dress (can you dress around a more service size gun or even want to?)

So theres really no wrong answers (within reason) just whats right for your needs.

Good luck

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Get one manufactured over last couple of years and should be good to go. Springfield hellcat is a good option too. I am sure there are other posts with plenty of good information.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I PC, so over the course of many years, I first went with a S&W 642, then Kahr CM-9 and now the Sig P365. The P365 is far easier to shoot and I like the extra capacity. It prints slightly more with my Alabama holster, than the others, but having said that, I have never been called out on it. It has been 100% reliable with over 1,200 rounds through it, even when pulled out from the pocket with lint. I'm not a fan of the triggers with the little lever. I also am not a fan of SA plastic pistols. The biggest mass of the pistol sits too high above the hand.

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Hello everyone. I've been looking at picking up a p365 for a daily carry. Right now I have a walter pps m2. I daily carry it and like it a lot, but the increased round size for a similar sized gun seems tempting.
    I know the 365 had some issues when it was first released, but now they seem to have been taken care of. Any thoughts?
    I switched from the PPS M1 to a P365 and have never looked back. Sold the PPS last year. (Never liked the funky mags)

My 365 was one of the originals and has never had a problem. After over a thousand downrange the trigger is like butter.
    I like carrying a flush 10 rounder plus 1 in the pipe and a 15 rounder on my belt. Just my 2 cents.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    Between the P365, G26, G48, Shield and PF9

The P365 get carried the most. It works in a pocket holsters as well as IWB and AIWB. It’s just so easy to conceal as well as shoot.

I’d say go and shoot what you’d like and see what works the best for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    For me it's tossup between the Shield .45 and Bersa BP9.
    If you like or can deal with a slightly longer grip, the BP9 is a really good value that many do not consider. Very nice factory trigger with a super short reset and polygonal rifled barrel. It's the only single stack compact I own that I can shoot as well as a full size inside 10 yards. Nice too that the dovetails are cut for a Sig front and Glock rear for plenty of sight choices.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I went with the 43x with the s15 mags hands down winner for me. But need to get what feels good to you and what you shoot well so renting is best option.

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant
    My edc is my Shield EZ 9. Single stack in an iwb, accompanied by a backup full mag in an old flip phone case. I’ve always been extremely watchful to be sure I’m not printing, since I am on the thin side, but my Shield does the trick. Fully loaded mag, plus one in the pipe doesn’t drag on me with the light weight. Sweatshirt cover garment in the winter, unbuttoned cover shirt in the summer. Sometimes I forget I have it on.

R3COIL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    NWI
    I personally prefer the Glock 43X with SA 15 mags for edc. However, several of my friends have the larger P365 and love it. As for the P365 I believe they have worked out the issues with earlier models, so it is also a good option if that is what you are set on.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Just broke in my new 43x. Amazing gun for edc, not so much for a range day. 6 or 7 mags in, my trigger finger was hurting pretty good. Another 12 mags or so, I called it a day and brought out the cz's. Excited to edc it. Training will remain just that, training.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just broke in my new 43x. Amazing gun for edc, not so much for a range day. 6 or 7 mags in, my trigger finger was hurting pretty good. Another 12 mags or so, I called it a day and brought out the cz's. Excited to edc it. Training will remain just that, training.

Nice to hear from you Cookie!

I need to get my P938 out and run it some. It’s been a bit since it’s been out and I’ve been missing shooting that one. It will never have the capacity of some of the newer choices but it’s always been a fun shooter with the extended mags

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Nice to hear from you Cookie!

I need to get my P938 out and run it some. It’s been a bit since it’s been out and I’ve been missing shooting that one. It will never have the capacity of some of the newer choices but it’s always been a fun shooter with the extended mags
    Thats something I did enjoy about the 938s. They just feel like a real guns.

Top Bottom