• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Hello everyone. I've been looking at picking up a p365 for a daily carry. Right now I have a walter pps m2. I daily carry it and like it a lot, but the increased round size for a similar sized gun seems tempting.
    I know the 365 had some issues when it was first released, but now they seem to have been taken care of. Any thoughts?
    Best guns for CC?

Loaded ones!

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    What's wrong with your PPS M2? Mine shoots like a laser beam! Capacity is a little short but Walther has 7 and 8 round mags available.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Best CC gun? Which ever one you shoot best. Quite worrying about capacity and practice shot placement instead. Not only your strong hand but offhand, kneeling, prone, behind a barricade, etc. Simulate real life shooting situations as best you can.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    If you like your PPS and shoot it well, it might be best to stick with it. Unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket and/or you've shot a p365 and loved it.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    Just to add,

Make sure it comfortable enough you’ll carry it, something cool won’t help you if it’s at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    The quest for the perfect carry gun is long and expensive and is usually fruitless.
    I agree with Expat...
    I have been searching for the elusive perfect pocket pistol for years. It has been a fun, expensive, and unending adventure.
    ‘Over the Mountains
    Of the Moon,
    Down the Valley of the Shadow,
    Ride, boldly ride,’
    The shade replied,—
    ‘If you seek for Eldorado!’

Chaplain

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Just to add,

Make sure it comfortable enough you’ll carry it, something cool won’t help you if it’s at home.

Jin is spot on and I will add to his comment that I like for it to be comfortable to shoot too. I used to have an absolutely beautiful P938 SAS. I loved that Sig, but I never did like shooting it and for that reason I did not feel safe carrying it. I know, training, training, training... Life is too short; I prefer to train with something fun to shoot! I sold my 938 to a friend, so I still get to look at it without the punishment of shooting it. But that is just me and my opinion.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    My CC piece is the SA Hellcat. I have been very happy with it. It is with me almost every place I go. So with that said. The Hellcat over the Sig would be my recommendation.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    I do like and have good confidence in my G19. Since Wifey got her LTCH, my 442 S&W has her covered, I began a search for a pocket/BUG.

Located a CM9 Kahr, it has points and also found a mint Kimber 380acp(mini Gov't style)

The Kahr is so close to being a mini Glock, it was bought. The Kimber is very well made, Wifey liked it, so brought it home too.
    No issues with the Kahr.

I tried to get my head around the SA of the Kimber, pocket carry isn't natural. Small safety, and cocked n locked in my front pocket, was not comfortable.
    Double action in my pocket didn't bother me so much. Have pocket holsters to fit both. OWB seemed like overkill for the Mini Kimber. I traded it off for something else. I have a 1911A1, 5 in bbl, 45 ACP, like its platform. A bit heavy to carry.

So you should feel confident in shooting and carrying your choice of firearm. Good luck.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hello everyone. I've been looking at picking up a p365 for a daily carry. Right now I have a walter pps m2. I daily carry it and like it a lot, but the increased round size for a similar sized gun seems tempting.
    I know the 365 had some issues when it was first released, but now they seem to have been taken care of. Any thoughts?
    I've been using the P365 with a 12 round magazine as my goto pocket pistol for 2 years this month,
    It was made on 12/1/2018 and I've had ZERO trouble with it.

I find myself carrying it most of the time because it's been dependable, easily concealable, and has a 12 round capacity that fits my hand all in a pistol the size and weight of a S&W Shield.
    It even fits easily in the pocket of my gym shorts, and nobody has ever noticed it, which is great for summertime carry.
    AND if God forbid I ever have to use it for self defense, I don't have so much money in it that when the police swipe it for "evidence" and wait years (or never) to return it to me, it doesn't bite as bad.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Just to add,

Lots of truth in the above statement. I find that my Ruger LCP Custom is my most carried pistol. Next is my CZ82.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've been using the P365 with a 12 round magazine as my goto pocket pistol for 2 years this month,
    It was made on 12/1/2018 and I've had ZERO trouble with it.

I find myself carrying it most of the time because it's been dependable, easily concealable, and has a 12 round capacity that fits my hand all in a pistol the size and weight of a S&W Shield.
    It even fits easily in the pocket of my gym shorts, and nobody has ever noticed it, which is great for summertime carry.
    AND if God forbid I ever have to use it for self defense, I don't have so much money in it that when the police swipe it for "evidence" and wait years (or never) to return it to me, it doesn't bite as bad.
    12/1/2018? My son's P365 was born that day too (also my Dad's birthday which is why I remembered.) ZERO problems as well and prefers the 12 round mags.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Kimber in 380 is the same size as the P938 in 9mm. So, I got my wife a 938.
    P238 in 380 is the same size as the P938 in 9mm. So, I don't even look at them, unless they are $150 or less. P365? I compared one side by side with my p938 over the holidays. The extra capacity of the 365 is nice. It costs very little in the wider grip. My 938 wears the rubber grips making it great for target work (IMHO). The 365 feels like plastic for what that's worth. The 365 belonged to an ISPman that was in civies. So, he carries a P227 at work and may be Sig prejudiced. Only thing he didn't care for was that it didn't have an exposed hammer. They weighed about the same. My 938 is like my wallet, almost always in my pocket. I could live with a 365 if I was a professional. For now the 938 fills my need and it hits the center of my targets.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I started off years ago with a S&W 469 - too small a grip and heavy for what it was. I have issues with small grips, and that was why I switched over the years from a Kahr CM9 to a P365 to a P365XL. The XL is not much bigger or heavier, but more controllable, and I hardly know it's there (depending on where my belt loop is at the time).

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    P365 is perfect for pocket and ankle carry. Cannot believe how easy it is to shoot. I am glad to have it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Over the years I've discovered the 2 main factors, for me personally, that affect comfortable carry enough so that I'll have it on me all day every day are:
    width and weight.
    Of course it must be of serviceable caliber, function and reliabilty but once beyond those factors I prefer thin and lightweight.

Top Bottom