• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I think unbranded ar makes partially ambi, lowers where you can release the bolt, but not lock it back from the right side. Teal blue bravo pdq is supposed to do that on any upper you can take a file to, but I am not sure how well that works. What options or suggestions do yall have?

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have the UnBrandedAR ambi lower. It is nice for the money, but the right side bolt release paddle seems a little flimsy. It works as advertised, but dunno that I would purchase again unless they beefed up the paddle. That said, for the $100 (on sale) + transfer, it is probably the most economical "ambi" lower. Aero Precision made one with the PDQ from the factory, but it looks to be discontinued.
    Cheapest option is a Magpul BAD lever. Troy Industries, Phase 5 and a few other companies make them too. I am not a huge fan of those, but if you use an ambi mag release like I do, they help protect from accidental bumps like I had during deer season last year. I popped the release with my binos and didn't notice it till I got to the tree. It took me several minutes to find my mag in the leaves, and I felt pretty dumb. Now I have a Tactical Link BAD lever on the rifle. But those are always out of stock, which sucks because I like their design the best.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    The best budget minded ambi lower, with in my opinion the best controls of any, is ADM UIC. I have all LMT because I’m a fanboy. And ya, avoid the magpul BAD lever at all costs.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    The best budget minded ambi lower, with in my opinion the best controls of any, is ADM UIC.
    Just wanted to add to this. When I was looking for an ambi lower, I thought $250 (now $300) for the duty/blem wasn't exactly a steal. But if you get a lower for ~$100, a PDQ for ~$70, fancy ambi magazine release like the norgon for ~$50-70, you start approaching the ADM price. Can save some money with a right-hand side bolt release only.

Then the question to me was "is the saving $50 or so worth having to Dremel the lower and have stuff sticking out?" For me it was no, and I love my ADM lower. In particular as a lefty, the controls are just so friendly. The oversized bolt catch paddles are fantastic and the mag releases just work no fuss no muss.

Anyway, I love my ADM lower and haven't had the budget to test all the others quite yet.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    LWRC_International_LLC.png

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    So that was going to be my reply as I think my LWRC is the cats pajamas, but good lord LWRC might as well just tell people to buy the entire gun at $500~ for a lower. It does not look like a stripped lower is even an option with prices being between $500-$600 and TBH not a big fan of their trigger or butt stock
    Premium branded lowers / receiver sets are all going to go through the roof soon due to inflated costs I think. 550ish for a complete lower (what I found searching for lwrc right now) doesn't seem horrible.

Wanna see bad?

Check out 2A Armaments new prices. They raised their prices anywhere from 20-35% or so from already high prices.

They don't do ambi stuff but they're one of the high end lightweight parts makers. Their lightweight AR10 BCG is a whopping $682 now. Last month is was exorbitantly expensive at $499. Their receiver sets jumped $200-250+ as well.

And they still can't keep things in stock somehow.

I fear others will follow suit on the pricing increases.

Top Bottom