• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2020
    muncie
    What is the best edc knife? I fish and do alot of work with my knifes and after a few months mine are usually trashed. Wanting to get a quality blade that would fill my needs, any suggestions?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Just ordered a 940 from benchmade yesterday to replace my bugout. I honestly really like everything about the bugout except It feels unrefined in the hands. Probably could have solved that by just getting new scales to replace the plastic but wheres the fun in that. The lock and blade on the benchmade are very good. I have had assisted opens in the past but benchmade's lock and setup make it a breeze to just flip open and close one handed (which is optimal when fishing). I found there is some wear in at first. Not bad or anything. But playing with it will polish up the action in no time and its a real treat then.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I love my Emersons.
    I bought an emerson while on an IDPA trip in Arkansas. $216 as I recall. Super sharp. Very aggressive scales. Very well made. The "wave" self-opening feature worked too well. There was definitely a learning curve to carrying that knife. I did the safest thing I could think to do with it, and gave it to my best friend. He has the blood-stained cut-up pants to prove it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’ve been carrying a Kershaw LEEK for so many years I can’t even remember when or where I got it. The thing is indestructible! A couple years ago I bought another one to replace it but it still is sitting in its box! Mine could use a good sharpening but other than that it’s good to go! Sorry, I missed the fishing part. Might not be good for that . 1618237237541.png

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    With regards to fishing my son works in aquatics industry and I got him this knife so he did not have to worry about corrosion.

Spyderco Pacific Salt 2 Folding Knife

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I would get a few Rapalas for fishing and fileting and then go see what fits your hand and feels like love with the other $175. That will keep you at $200
    If you go this way make sure your Rapalas are the Finnish made ones. The Chinese ones are junk. Or take a look at a Morakniv. About same price as the Rapala but has a synthetic handle which would probably be more durable and slip resistant.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    If you go this way make sure your Rapalas are the Finnish made ones. The Chinese ones are junk. Or take a look at a Morakniv. About same price as the Rapala but has a synthetic handle which would probably be more durable and slip resistant.
    This is true. I bought a pair of Black Medalion filet knives by Rapala and nowhere on the bubble pack said Made in China. The large one already snapped off and I gave the small one to someone I didn't like. Thanx for the reminder John.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I’ve been carrying a Kershaw LEEK for so many years I can’t even remember when or where I got it. The thing is indestructible! A couple years ago I bought another one to replace it but it still is sitting in its box! Mine could use a good sharpening but other than that it’s good to go! Sorry, I missed the fishing part. Might not be good for that . View attachment 135272
    The leek is an exceptional knife that imo punches above its weight class. I fished with it for years (no filleting with it though). Owned 2, lost the first , bought another, ended up buying other knives and giving it to a friend. Exceptional point on it. The assisted part (im not sure its technically an assist) is great and gets the blade out quickly.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I use one of these for work. Liked it so much got another for dress carry.

Lost a Spyderco years ago, it was a great knife. Of course always Benchmade.

Check out Brad's knives, he's a sponsor on here.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    In terms of folders I have the following brands: spyderco, ZT, microtech, and emerson. Something about the paramilitary 2 from spyderco just hits different than the others. It’s probably my favorite. The ZTs are top notch as well.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Morakniv's are hard to beat for the money. But if you want to spend a little $$. I would go with the Spyderco PM2 in S30V blade steel.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For an EDC knife, I've gone full circle. I've carried expensive and amazing Emerson knives, moderately priced folders and right now what's been in my pocket for at least 4 years now is a swiss army fieldmaster. I don't want to give up the versatility of the multiple tools. The fact that it's less than $50 is just icing on the cake. I've used the pocket knife on the Isle Royale in Michigan, backpacking in Alaska, and more over night or weekend trips that I can think of in addition to every day simple tasks. It'll never look tacticool, or win the internet picture threads because it's scratched up and used, but it does a great job.

Top Bottom