• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We always try and get reserved seats for the Imax. If you are thinking TopGun I would for sure do the Imax experience. Early afternoon is my favorite time.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    This is the Indy 1500 forum, so I'm assuming he means that gun show.

It's busiest on Saturday from about 10:00 AM to early afternoon. If you're looking to buy something that someone else has brought to sell, that's when you'll see the most.

If you're looking for something specific from vendors, be there as early as you can on Friday. There will be 100+ of each model of current production plastic pistols, but there might be only one double-action .44 (for instance) at the whole show.

I've heard rumor that Sunday afternoon is the best time to get a deal from a vendor who doesn't want to cart stuff out, but I can't speak to the accuracy of that.

The best time is whatever time works for your schedule.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is the Indy 1500 forum, so I'm assuming he means that gun show.

It's busiest on Saturday from about 10:00 AM to early afternoon. If you're looking to buy something that someone else has brought to sell, that's when you'll see the most.

If you're looking for something specific from vendors, be there as early as you can on Friday. There will be 100+ of each model of current production plastic pistols, but there might be only one double-action .44 (for instance) at the whole show.

I've heard rumor that Sunday afternoon is the best time to get a deal from a vendor who doesn't want to cart stuff out, but I can't speak to the accuracy of that.

The best time is whatever time works for your schedule.

He just posted in the TopGun thread so I just "ASSUMED" and we all know what that is worth.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I like to go on Fridays to see what is available before being picked over. Not many good deals on a Friday but you sometimes see stuff that's gone by Saturday afternoon. I also like Sundays in that it seems a bit more relaxed. You may or may not find a deal on Sunday if the vendor is just wanting another sale before calling it quits for the show. But, Fridays are my favorite time.

Rburney

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 15, 2017
    Avon
    I agree on Friday. The only drawback is that many of the vendors leave early on Friday. Many times I went back to a table to try and make a deal late in the day and the table is covered. I have learned to ask if they are going to leave early. I also make sure I thank the vendors that remain during the last 90 minutes of the Friday show.

Top Bottom