• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Weller 'green label' at 80 proof is $30 and better than Maker's Mark. I consider Maker's Mark the "GOLD STANDARD" of bourbons and judge all others by its consistent quality. Sadly Weller is hard to find.

Well "blue label" is astonishing at under $50, it is the full proof version of the 'green label' and just is so much better.

My go to is still, after 155 pages of this thread, Maker's Mark. My preferred choice is Weller in either the green or the blue label variant, when I find it. Fortunately I find it reasonably often that it is almost always in my cabinet.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I don't know, I found it be just OK. I know it really can divide a room full of bourbon drinkers.

But it's nothing I'd toast winning the AFC championship with.
    It can be a very touchy subject because some of the upper Willet Estate bottles that are 12 to 20 years old are amazing. I just feel like for 50 bucks that this bottle runs so much better is sitting on the shelf 24/7

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    20220211_145700_HDR.jpg
    Anyone pulled the cork on one of these yet? Fought off the urge to buy one at that price until I do some research.
    So what say ye INGO swig masters, any good............worth the coin?
    Cheers.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Weller 'green label' at 80 proof is $30 and better than Maker's Mark. I consider Maker's Mark the "GOLD STANDARD" of bourbons and judge all others by its consistent quality. Sadly Weller is hard to find.

Well "blue label" is astonishing at under $50, it is the full proof version of the 'green label' and just is so much better.

My go to is still, after 155 pages of this thread, Maker's Mark. My preferred choice is Weller in either the green or the blue label variant, when I find it. Fortunately I find it reasonably often that it is almost always in my cabinet.
    Makers Mark is imo an underrated wheated bourbon, and what I pour if I'm mixing with anything other than a giant ice sphere.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    View attachment 181043
    Anyone pulled the cork on one of these yet? Fought off the urge to buy one at that price until I do some research.
    So what say ye INGO swig masters, any good............worth the coin?
    Cheers.
    I haven't had that particular one, but Whistle Pig in general is pretty good. The Belle Meade Reserve next to it is quite good also.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Just got back from a weekend trip to Vegas for the super bowl. Found a few goodies. The smoke wagon uncut unfiltered is delicious.

Attachments

• 3E4895EE-46FE-46A9-8A6A-9245EDC40F2F.jpeg
      3E4895EE-46FE-46A9-8A6A-9245EDC40F2F.jpeg
      530.9 KB · Views: 17

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Well above $50, but has anyone tried Old 55’s 100% sweet corn whiskey? Very interesting and different. I happened into about a quarter of a bottle for free. Retail is $175.

Also, this thread reminds me of my one major dislike about the current bourbon scene: snobbery. Just drink America’s drink and enjoy life. I swear if I hear one more person say “ackkkkk-shually that’s not correct,” or describe bourbon notes as “hints of Madagascar vanilla drizzled over a Granny Smith apple pie left to cool in the north window of a Swiss chalet in May,” I’m going to lose my mind. Drink what you like, how you like it!
    Was there this past weekend. They plan on having a small batch of the sweetcorn in a month or so. New price due to the size of the batch will be $250 a bottle. Their single barrel bourbon is available now at $60 a bottle.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Meijer (in Highland) had several different bourbons on sale.

Picked up a 1.75 Liter Makers Mark for $44.95 on sale from $60-something dollars a bottle. Best under $50 per bottle value that I have seen in quite a while.

Too good to pass up that deal.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Meijer (in Highland) had several different bourbons on sale.

Picked up a 1.75 Liter Makers Mark for $44.95 on sale from $60-something dollars a bottle. Best under $50 per bottle value that I have seen in quite a while.

Too good to pass up that deal.
    Costco has that typically listed just under $40.

Top Bottom