• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We just renewed our Costco membership after about three years of absence. I'll have to admit that the Kirkland brand bourbon isn't bad at all for $30.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Sant Claus took care of me this year. Nuttin Fancy, but a couple of New Faces! Don't know if they're all Under $50, but I'm sure I'll hear it, if any Are. lol And Yes, that's a Btl of Scotch amongst the Bourbons! Anxious to try that, too. Cheers & here's to a Happy & Safe New Year, my fellow INGO'rs!
    1640999752664.jpeg

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    We just renewed our Costco membership after about three years of absence. I'll have to admit that the Kirkland brand bourbon isn't bad at all for $30.
    Just FYI, you don't have to be a member to buy alcohol at a Costco or Sam's Club. I'm sure you got the membership for other reasons but just something for future reference.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Well trying to kill cold #2 already this year. I swear everyone staying home has made it even worse with all these non covid colds. Plus having a Kinder kid does not help.... BTstore pick was amazing:40oz: 20220101_173242.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not under $50 but I'm celebrating.

Dasha, our foreign exchange student, for whom I became an accidental fencing coach while she was in high school, just won a medal at the North American Challenge in San Jose. She also earned her "A" rating at this tournament and only was stopped when she was defeated by one of the US Olympic team members. We have been to 2 other national events with her so far this season, but today is our actual daughter's birthday so we didn't go to this, the biggest and most important, event of the entire season.

So its a George T Stagg sort of a night. I have Pappy, but honestly Stagg is better.

6F22E893-9C13-41A9-BE2A-ADA7FBE6C24F.jpeg

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Not under $50 but I'm celebrating.

Dasha, our foreign exchange student, for whom I became an accidental fencing coach while she was in high school, just won a medal at the North American Challenge in San Jose. She also earned her "A" rating at this tournament and only was stopped when she was defeated by one of the US Olympic team members. We have been to 2 other national events with her so far this season, but today is our actual daughter's birthday so we didn't go to this, the biggest and most important, event of the entire season.

So its a George T Stagg sort of a night. I have Pappy, but honestly Stagg is better.

View attachment 174944
    Well Done & Cheers!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I bought KC12 today. I have the 9 year old Knob Creek, and the single barrel reserve. The 12 is slightly better, and makes me want to find the 15 now.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    A question for the group:

What’s your pick for the best kept secret in bourbon?

For me, it’s Old Grandad 114. Tough to beat for the price, and most people don’t chase it like other bottles.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    No, not at all. Smoother than 101. Recent offerings I've tried have been very smooth and flavorful. Eye raiser bottles.
    For bottom shelf I'd say Benchmark. It is a Buffalo Trace offering.
    I was impressed with the Benchmark Full Proof and Single Barrel. I didn’t try the Top Floor or Bonded.

As to Longbranch, apparently I was misinformed. This person asked if I liked tequila and then said it had a similar profile: smoky and a similar bite. I’ll give it a try!

Top Bottom