• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bighoss91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2020
    Milton
    On my way back from a little shooting today stopped and picked this up on a friend's advice. It's now one of my favorites. Just got to enjoy some of the finer things in life.

Great American bourbon and a well tuned custom AK.

Attachments

• KIMG0076.JPG
      KIMG0076.JPG
      3 MB · Views: 9
    Last edited:

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    So what makes Bourbon so special?

From it's evolution from rye...to the larger than life founding fathers of bourbon... to the perfection of the process....to government's role in regulation...to the economic role it plays creating jobs and commerce...to the role it's played throgh wars and prohibition...to the commradery it brings to the hobby...and right down to it being the best way to put a ****** work week behind you is what makes bourbon special.
    It is steeped in history and mystery like nothing else, some vetted and some just lore, but all of it is why it's special, it's America's whiskey.............with an "E"
    You being in Tennessee, have more than a couple real players in your own back yard that have some skin in the game, (Tennessee Whiskey), check em out.
    The Bourbon Trail's distillery tours mentioned above are a great source of info and fun too.
    If we ever cross paths, I'll pull a cork and offer ya a glass and we'll talk a spell.........and that's why it's SPECIAL.
    Cheers.

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    $32 on sale at Martin's last night, figured it was worth a shot...

hIFkXuNl.jpg

If you like wheated bourbon, buy it. It's very good. I think it compares with Western Reserve's wheated bourbon that is easily double the price.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    That jack single barrel barrel select is fantastic! Probably my favorite whiskey.

The Oak & Eden stuff above is good but you'll find the taste can change a bit as it sits on the shelf with that spire inside. I have one with the French Oak. Rich & chocolaty.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    That jack single barrel barrel select is fantastic! Probably my favorite whiskey.

The Oak & Eden stuff above is good but you'll find the taste can change a bit as it sits on the shelf with that spire inside. I have one with the French Oak. Rich & chocolaty.
    I'll drink the JD Barrel Select when the JD Barrel Proof isn't available, but night and day difference between 94 proof (Barrel Select) and 125-140 proof (Barrel Proof).
    I tend to supplement it with Rare Breed and recently Knob Creek thanks to some enablers on this thread who shall remain nameles......................Thank you nameless enablers, you're the best!

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy

This has been my experience with Oak & Eden as well. Once you've opened it and it sits, the flavor changes.

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    I have a 1792 fetish at the moment. Still need to find a Sweet Wheat and 12year to complete the collection. The Single Barrel Pick bottled in bond is the best so far.

View attachment 140661
    Take the Sweet Wheat when you find it, and google "Time and Oak aging sticks" - like $7 on amazon, and drop one in the bottle for a week... the oak stave improves the astringent finish and is a game changer on the sweet wheat!

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    I think it has a new MSRP of like $40 to $50 in the last year the rest of the Weller line I think stayed the same. I gave $75 for one a month ago on a Facebook Local bourbon page. Really good stuff and id pay that price again if I see it to stash a bottle or 2.
    Have you tried their antique 107? more accessible, pretty close to full proof.

Top Bottom