• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have preferred mags--OK Industries Surefeed E2s, Magpul-G2 and G3, and Daniel Defense.

But I have D&H, CProducts and Lancer as well. No problems.

Recently I have been using THRiL magazines. Very happy, close competitor to Magpul G2 mags.

I have no experience with the MWGs that Bartocci discusses. But apparently the SEALs have wide experience with them and liked them.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I have a few E-lander mags but I have not tried them yet still new in package. Are E-lander 556 mags any good?
    The first E-Lander AR15 magazines did not fit all AR15 receivers. After several attempts, they fixed the problem. They are made of stainless steel, so they are durable.

shadow64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Plainfield
    Has anyone ever used hex mag I have always heard they had issues but it was always 2nd or 3rd hand talk at the gun shop . I have a few but have not tried them yet ,I use pmag gen2 with no problems.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I prefer Magpul and GI. GI mags have a National Stock Number (NSN) and other info on the packaging that an old USAF Supply Troop can explain in detail to unsuspecting folks. :lmfao:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Has anyone ever used hex mag I have always heard they had issues but it was always 2nd or 3rd hand talk at the gun shop . I have a few but have not tried them yet ,I use pmag gen2 with no problems.
    Good question. I see a lot of Hexmag around. I've also seem mixed reviews online and it makes me hesitant about buying them. Are they the new ProMag of modern era.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have used or tried most of the mags listed in the OP. For serious use I would feel confident with Pmag, Okay Surefeed, Lancer, and D&H mags.

I do happen to have quite a few Hexmags, Amend2, MFT, and ASC mags for range use that I haven't had any issues with, but they wouldn't be my go to mag in case of emergency.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Personally I run Lancer L5's , with Magpul's as backups. I prefer the metal feed lips of the Lancer and the fact I can visually see how much ammo is left in the magazine at any given time.

Also had very good luck with Magpul D60 drums (everyone should have one).
    I have one of those drums. I haven’t used it yet.

They also make 60 rd mags. American Tactical makes them. I grabbed two just because they were there. It’s just an extra thick mag.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Palmetto has D&H ten packs for $119.99

The price was $104.99 just a couple of weeks ago, and $99.99 back in the summer.

I sense a trend...

EDIT: So, the price for a single mag is $11.99

You'd actually save $0.09 getting ten singles.

The single price was $11.49 when the ten pack price was $104.99, which actually made it a quantity deal... not sure what their deal is today.

Last edited:

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Palmetto has D&H ten packs for $119.99

The price was $104.99 just a couple of weeks ago, and $99.99 back in the summer.

I sense a trend...

EDIT: So, the price for a single mag is $11.99

You'd actually save $0.09 getting ten singles.

The single price was $11.49 when the ten pack price was $104.99, which actually made it a quantity deal... not sure what their deal is today.
    Mags went up on a site I got a few from in the past couple days. Went from $14 to $16 on magpul gen 3 with the window.

I have half gen 2 and half gen 3. I tried finding 10 or even 100 packs of the gen 2, but all sold out. I would even have got a 100 pack and just sold part of it as cost.

The shortage is definitely coming. Gotta have mags to put all that ammo in that’s been sold out.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    I have 5 Hex mags. They have hundreds of rounds through them with no issues. I never purchased them as all came from prize tables at competitions. I use those for the long distance ammo since they look different than my pmags that are the normal mag.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have one of those drums. I haven’t used it yet.

They also make 60 rd mags. American Tactical makes them. I grabbed two just because they were there. It’s just an extra thick mag.
    How do those ATI 60rd mags work? Are they reliable or novelty item?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    My experience is limited to magpul G2 and USGI.

Magpul has always worked for me, but I've only used them, going to the range. I like USGI IF they're steel. I've found aluminum feed lips are relative fragile and not durable

Top Bottom