• ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

Strike Industries AR-15 Magazine (32 Rounds)​

Are these new this year? Has anyone bought these and tried them out?

Personally I'd just load 30rd up instead of 28 like I do in the 30rd magazines. A 32rd capacity would or should allow a very reliable 30rd capacity.
    I believe that's the point of them...same with the Daniel Defense 32rd mags...to be able to "down-load" to 30

Ketlage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    My ‘Go To’ mags are:
    Pmag G3 Windowed
    DuraMag SS
    DuraMag AL
    Pmag G2
    D&H

I’ve had Hexmag & MFT mags that I sold to buy more Pmags. The MFT mags are absolute trash and I didn’t care for the Hexmag’s feel.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I run Okay, D&H, Pmags (all 3 generations), and Lancer.

I do not and will never again buy a promag.

This guy goes through the pros and cons of all mags. He literally wrote the book on the AR-15.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Most of mine are USGI since they fit every rifle/pistol I have and seem to function reliably. I have a handful of PMags but they don’t fit everything so I tend to use the GI mags the most. I do have a BETA in 5.56 and one in 9mm as well.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    The very best are OKAY E2s and Magpul M3s

Second best are D&H, Lancers, Magpul M2s, and OKAY Surefeeds

C-Products makes decent steel magazines.

Honorable mention to the D-60, they're actually really nice.

Most others aren't worth using for anything other than range time.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    The very best are OKAY E2s and Magpul M3s

Second best are D&H, Lancers, Magpul M2s, and OKAY Surefeeds

C-Products makes decent steel magazines.

Honorable mention to the D-60, they're actually really nice.

Most others aren't worth using for anything other than range time.

Post fail. You left out Brownell's. As good as anyone's.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Post fail. You left out Brownell's. As good as anyone's.
    IIRC there was also an issue with the Okay E2's because they changed their feed lips to accommodate 300 blackout better, then ended up not working out so well for the 5.56 folks. Personally, I've got a couple of them and I love the grip texture they added and haven't had an issue with them but also haven't ran them all that hard either.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    My personal favorites for serious use are Lancer, Magpul (both gen 2 and 3s), Brownells, D&H, and some old school OKAY ones.

Only ones I've had a serious issue with were Tapco, picked up a couple when I was young and dumb and they're absolute garbage. I have a few other random brands, but haven't used them much to say if they're any good or not.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    IIRC there was also an issue with the Okay E2's because they changed their feed lips to accommodate 300 blackout better, then ended up not working out so well for the 5.56 folks. Personally, I've got a couple of them and I love the grip texture they added and haven't had an issue with them but also haven't ran them all that hard either.
    This is incorrect.

The feed lip is the exact same profile as a pmag. This was to allow safe feeding of the M855A1.
    It shouldn't cause issues in your rifle unless something is out of spec.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    This is incorrect.

The feed lip is the exact same profile as a pmag. This was to allow safe feeding of the M855A1.
    It shouldn't cause issues in your rifle unless something is out of spec.
    I don't remember exactly what the issue is/was, but it had something to do with feed lips. I haven't had any bad luck with the ones I've got.

**On a positive note, I was trying to remember and research what the problem was with those mags and I came across them for sale at Botach. The E2's are now $10 and the regular (old) style are now $13. Maybe it's a mistake on that website, but it's interesting that the pricing has flip flopped on the mags since they were introduced.

Last edited:

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I have Pmag G2 and G3 in 10 and 30 round configuration and aluminum PSA mags.
    Have put +/- 3k rounds through my Pmags and about 1k through my PSA mags no issues at all, and they get dropped and banged around pretty good. Utterly satisfied. My lowers are made by Aero Precision, and PSA.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I mostly have Pmags Gen 2 and 3 (and a D60) and aluminum GI mags - no real issues with either. I do have 2-3 HK steel mags that I have acquired over the years. These things are built like tanks, all steel - body and follower. They are good mags but heaver then hell!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    So recently I picked up 5 of the duramag stainless steel mags. Back in the day I had some of the C-Products stainless mags and they're still great. However, when I got these new stainless duramags out of the wrapped I was really disappointed. When I cycled the followed in the magazine with my finger on each mag the inside of the magazine was rough and I could feel the friction between the follower and inside of the magazine. I don't think it's a deal breaker, and I haven't actually used them in a rifle yet, but I'm more than a little shocked at how rough these are compared to my old school C-Products stainless mags when they're supposedly being made by the same place and the same standard. I would not recommend the ones I just got. Not saying they're bad necessarily, but there's just some better options for the same or less $$.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'd rate okay surefeed E2s or standard GI pattern surefeeds as the top magazine out there. While magpuls are great, you need to think about how polymer will age 50 years down the road.

If you need extended capacity, I'd look at the surefire 60s.

While we have relatively lax laws and can readily buy any of this stuff almost anywhere, the polymer mags make sense, but always remember what the future might hold.
    Just got some E2s, they are great mag. I’ve had excellent results with Magpul gen 2and 3, L5awm, and any usgi style mag. Even the DD32 run perfectly for me.

Top Bottom