• Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Two quick questions for the wisdom of INGO:
    - what are your thoughts on side saddles for shotguns to carry more shells, and what are some reliable brands. I'm looking at Esstac, TacStar, and Lyman side saddles but don't have any experience with those products
    - what belt mounted AR magazine pouches do you recommend

Shell cards are the way to go. Industrial Velcro for on/off. https://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=80

As for AR mag pouches, I've had good results with both GCode and HSGI.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    UpLULA-magazine-loader-Patent-US7637048-Left-side-S.jpg

#1 accessory.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I've used paper plates as most of my targets for a couple years now. Orange bullseye sticker in the middle and you have super cheap 6-10" circle targets, work pretty good as an analog for a vital zone target. And they stand up better to the rain than paper targets. (Not my original idea)
    Paper plate targets are also easy to stack and store away if you like to keep your targets for future reference.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I have a few favorite gun cleaning items that I think are of high quality.

Wipe Out bore cleaner - I foam the barrel with it and walk away for an hour. Then run a clean patch through the bore and out comes an incredible amount of carbon fouling and copper (blue) residue. I then follow up with my normal Hoppes cleaning routine and it seems to go faster after using Wipe Out.

Bore Tech Proof Positive cleaning jags - These have a nice long sharp point for easily spearing patches and holding them and are made of a copper free alloy.

Bore Tech Bore Stix cleaning rods - Just a coated steel rod with a nice handle. They are durable and come in longer lengths than what is available with some other brands of rods.

Tipton carbon fiber cleaning rods - Best cleaning rods I own.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hmm, favorites accessories...I'll play!

For AR15...
    I bought a short section of Picatinny rail that I was able to mount under my generic clamshell forend. I mounted a TLR-1 on it and now I have light at my fingertips, and do not need to change my grip to activate it. It was on clearance for $10, and was way cheaper than a quad rail.

For pump Shotguns...
    Hogue rubber forend. Hand never slid around on that grip, rock solid hold.

For revolvers...
    Hammer shims and Pachmayr grips.
    My Redhawk hammer had lots of side to side slop. Hammer shims centered the hammer in the frame, and got rid of the rubbing and friction and make the trigger pull smother and consistent. A nice Pachmayr wrap around rubber grip makes even the stoutest 44 Magnum loads manageable.

Butter.Actual

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 15, 2021
    Portage
    Two quick questions for the wisdom of INGO:
    - what are your thoughts on side saddles for shotguns to carry more shells, and what are some reliable brands. I'm looking at Esstac, TacStar, and Lyman side saddles but don't have any experience with those products
    - what belt mounted AR magazine pouches do you recommend
    I have no experience with your first question, but in response to what pouches I'd reccomend, gotta go with Esstac KYWI's. However, if you need something that lays flatter when empty and are okay with using a dump, 10speeds work awesome.

Top Bottom