• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    I don't have one, but a friend of mine (whose judgement I trust on the topic of rimfires) does and he speaks highly of it. It's no Anschutz, but it's a good entry into the low end of the high end of rimfires. I've been considering one to pair with my b14 hmr.

pewpew2232

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Charlestown
    I don't have one, but a friend of mine (whose judgement I trust on the topic of rimfires) does and he speaks highly of it. It's no Anschutz, but it's a good entry into the low end of the high end of rimfires. I've been considering one to pair with my b14 hmr.
    Wouldn't expect an Annie or even really expect it to keep up with my CZ 452's, just wanting something that is consistent and has a synthetic stock that doesn't feel like garbage. I've had the Bergara in hand and I do like it.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have a B14R and it will easily print quarter sized or less 10 shot groups at 50 yards with almost every type of ammo I've tried in it. With the match ammo that it likes best, those groups shrink to nickle sized.

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    Got a BMR with carbon barrel. Has a wondering zero issue. I'd complain but it shoots the lights out. CCI SV shoots pretty good with is nice. SK match and Standard shoot great, MOA at 50yds 10 shot groups are pretty common. It's hard to shoot off a bench since it's so light. I'd stick with the carbon barrel unless you really like a light rifle. Feeds and extracts no problem.

pewpew2232

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Charlestown
    Got a BMR with carbon barrel. Has a wondering zero issue. I'd complain but it shoots the lights out. CCI SV shoots pretty good with is nice. SK match and Standard shoot great, MOA at 50yds 10 shot groups are pretty common. It's hard to shoot off a bench since it's so light. I'd stick with the carbon barrel unless you really like a light rifle. Feeds and extracts no problem.
    Are you sure the issue is the rifle and not the scope or mounts?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Got a BMR with carbon barrel. Has a wandering zero issue. I'd complain but it shoots the lights out. CCI SV shoots pretty good with is nice. SK match and Standard shoot great, MOA at 50yds 10 shot groups are pretty common. It's hard to shoot off a bench since it's so light. I'd stick with the carbon barrel unless you really like a light rifle. Feeds and extracts no problem.
    Wandering zero is usually internal to the scope or loose mounts. Wooden stock touching the bbl with humidity changes or improper torque on action screws can also cause it. MOA groups or better with ammo it likes should be the rule. Not just "not uncommon".

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    Are you sure the issue is the rifle and not the scope or mounts?
    Wish it was that simple, it's had multiple proven scopes mounted. Bedded the action. When it gets hot the POI drops 3"-4" at 50yds. My guess is a surface in the barrel tension system is not quite true. If you want to talk about wandering zeros I'm prepping a 1903a3 and Garand for the D-Day shoot in Anniston AL. Those old guns are tricky if you want to play by the rules.

pewpew2232

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 22, 2021
    Charlestown
    Wish it was that simple, it's had multiple proven scopes mounted. Bedded the action. When it gets hot the POI drops 3"-4" at 50yds. My guess is a surface in the barrel tension system is not quite true. If you want to talk about wandering zeros I'm prepping a 1903a3 and Garand for the D-Day shoot in Anniston AL. Those old guns are tricky if you want to play by the rules.
    Thats odd I've seen that issue with centerfires with thin barrels, never with a .22

chipsher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Logansport
    I ment, I'd stick with carbon steel barrel unless you really like a light rifle. I like it better than the CZs, but wouldn't say it's better. The CZ is a classic style with the wood stocks. The BMR feels more modern

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I love fate sometimes. I started to get the itch for a new firearm, a precision 22 bolt to be honest, and started to research on the the ol’ interwebs. didn’t want to skimp out on the entire setup so I was preparing/saving up for it all. Wanted quality all around, scope trigger, rings, bipod, you know all of it.

I knew I didn’t want to go cheap/quality so I started looking a the Vudoo lineup. Man are they nice looking along with a very nice price tag.

Next I went to cz 457 and was getting into the MTR version so I put that on the list of potentials

Of course I looked into the Annie’s as well but couldn’t find one I liked or one any available at decent price.

Finally came across the bergara b14r. Not knowing much about them I started researching more about them and the more I was interested.

So I decided to go bergara route and low and behold one showed up in the classies. Bergara b14r steel barrel. Not only did one show up in the classies, it showed up all setup and ready to go so I didn’t have to go looking for all the extras that I needed. A nice Arken scope already mounted on nice rings and rail. Came with extra magazine and 2 boxes of eley and lapua ammo.

Having it all setup and ready to go the way I was wanting to take it saved me a lot of time and effort and not to mention, money. Only thing I am contemplating changing out is the stock trigger. It’s nice with clean crisp break but I feel like I want a little bit lighter trigger pull weight. Other than that I have no complaints about it at all.

Again I just love it when fate lands what you are wanting right in your lap at the right moment.

Just want to give a big shout out to glock22 for the amazing deal and rifle.

Top Bottom