• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Was never a big M9 guy, but after learning their easier to suppress and drooling over 3 that DU was raffling off at a spring dinner, I’ve been wanting one.

I recently inherited a Brigadier, and have been unsuccessful in locating nickel-plated M9 like in A Few Good Men.

Damn this addiction!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If people are dumping 92's to get optics cuts sending them off to Langdon Tactical (they guy who made optics on a 92 possible)

I wonder if Beretta paid Langdon for his modified system or came up with their own work around.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    If people are dumping 92's to get optics cuts sending them off to Langdon Tactical (they guy who made optics on a 92 possible)

I wonder if Beretta paid Langdon for his modified system or came up with their own work around.
    The factory one seems to sit higher over bore than the LTT so I’m guessing Ernest had some input without giving away all his secrets

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have a 92 with a fixed front sight...how would I get it set up so a tritium front sight could be installed?
    I'd carry the dang thing if I could get a tritium front sight on it...smooth shooter!!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a 92 with a fixed front sight...how would I get it set up so a tritium front sight could be installed?
    I'd carry the dang thing if I could get a tritium front sight on it...smooth shooter!!!
    Have somebody cut a dovetail to fit a new sight I assume.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Here’s one option http://tooltechgunsight.com/product/beretta-92fs/

It can be modified to accept fiber optic sights fairly easily too, but to have a tritium sight of some sort will require machining.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette

One of the pictures suggests M9A4's solution is not a true native mount but just two slots cut on the slide to mount an adapter that sits on top. A "cheapo" solution not like LTT's. It does leave the rear dovetail intact so has the potential benefit of co-witnessing if there are sufficiently tall suppressor sights. I have Trijicon's dovetail mount on my 92x but Beretta's suppressor sights are too short to co-witness.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I had my M9A3 out last night for the first time in forever. I forgot how nice, smooth, and accurate that pistol is. If this new M9A4 is nothing more than an M9A3 with slide cuts then I'm sure it's a fine pistol. I'm not going to sell my old M9A3 and buy the new hottness just for that though. I'll certainly keep my eyes out for deals in the classifieds for all those used and abused beretta's. :)

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Beautiful handgun; but, I've seen pictures of an all steel 92X Competition and my credit cards are rattling in my wallet.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    One of the pictures suggests M9A4's solution is not a true native mount but just two slots cut on the slide to mount an adapter that sits on top. A "cheapo" solution not like LTT's. It does leave the rear dovetail intact so has the potential benefit of co-witnessing if there are sufficiently tall suppressor sights. I have Trijicon's dovetail mount on my 92x but Beretta's suppressor sights are too short to co-witness.
    Yeah, Beretta's solution doesn't look like it mounts the dot any lower than a plate that goes in the rear sight dovetail. I guess part of that is just the mechanical reality of the 92's slide and the lack of a single standardized mounting pattern. Langdon mills them for specific dots, right? So of course they can get a little lower.

I dunno, the 92 just doesn't seem suited to a dot and I don't have any desire to see mine cut up to mount one. Not when I could just buy so many pistols (or even just slides) whose design allows the dot to nestle down into the slide and cowitness with sights that aren't half an inch tall.

airhog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Lafayette
    Yeah, Beretta's solution doesn't look like it mounts the dot any lower than a plate that goes in the rear sight dovetail. I guess part of that is just the mechanical reality of the 92's slide and the lack of a single standardized mounting pattern. Langdon mills them for specific dots, right? So of course they can get a little lower.

I dunno, the 92 just doesn't seem suited to a dot and I don't have any desire to see mine cut up to mount one. Not when I could just buy so many pistols (or even just slides) whose design allows the dot to nestle down into the slide and cowitness with sights that aren't half an inch tall.

With the safety/decocker located in the slide, I think LTT had to re-engineer some of the internals to free up real estate. I debated sending the slide to LTT to get milled and some of the internals replaced. I went with getting Trijicon's dovetail mount which had a thin adapter plate, probably because it's made of steel, and also sat close to the slide. Significantly thinner than EGW adapters on my CZ 75s and PPQ which are aluminum. Sits higher than LTT's milled solution, but it seemed by not that much. EGW makes great adapters but oddly nothing for Beretta 92s.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    With the safety/decocker located in the slide, I think LTT had to re-engineer some of the internals to free up real estate. I debated sending the slide to LTT to get milled and some of the internals replaced. I went with getting Trijicon's dovetail mount which had a thin adapter plate, probably because it's made of steel, and also sat close to the slide. Significantly thinner than EGW adapters on my CZ 75s and PPQ which are aluminum. Sits higher than LTT's milled solution, but it seemed by not that much. EGW makes great adapters but oddly nothing for Beretta 92s.
    Yeah there's a big issue with the firing pin safety that rises up out of the slide, and maybe some conflict with the decocker/safety. Whereas the top of the Glock slide above the striker channel contains nothing but solid metal.

I'm still not into dots and have no problem with my regular sights. :dunno:

Top Bottom