• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    Looking for reviews and opinions of the beretta 1301 tactical. What shot patterns the best out of yours? Accessories? Dislikes? Likes? Thanks in advance

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have the Langdon upgrade of the GenII 1301 (needed just for the goofy Italian bolt release, lol). I have a box car of TAP #00buck so it is what I use but I still have a bunch of Fed #4buck. Flite Control is the hotness in #1buck. Runs the orange box slugs just fine.

All shotguns need a way to carry ammo on the weapon, a light and a sling.

I like that it was built by someone who knew what he was doing. I am personally inclined to trust semi-custom guns built by those BTDT rather than some numbnuts rolling his gun through the Brownell's catalog.

Likes: much easier to load than the standard 1301 (loading is the most important operational skill in shotguns, well, after taking off safety). If you like shotguns, it is all about loading and forearms. I like that the Magpul stock provides nice plane of reference for my shooting hand and thumb rests on the correct side without trouble. Even with my Charlie Brown head the stock gets me right on the sights.

Dislikes: It is heavy. I do not trust the extended mag tube but no problems. Have to admit it is not 1987 anymore. I do not like the clamp on the barrel but no shift so far. I do not need the silly stock adjustments (unlike the guys in the gun shop, "I'm kinda a big man", no, Cledus, you're just fat) as I keep it as short as possible but the Magpul stock does not hurt anything.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I couldn't find a tactical when I was looking and got the Beretta 1301 Comp. Glad I did as a regular bead sight seems better for shooting a few clays when you tire of f'ing up a target at close range as fast as you can. Changed out the butt pad and added a +3 extension tube.

The first time I took it out it beat the crap out of my cheek and didn't do my shoulder any favors. After changing out the butt pad and using the included shims to put a little cast and more drop in the stock, it became a different gun. I can happily shoot it for extended periods.

IMG_20200502_185958 pe.jpg

IMG_20200504_171112 (Small).jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wait, we're not supposed to pee on our guns...? How else are we supposed to mark our territory?
    No. It's just the Internet schtick of dumping guns in mud and then the gd gun nuts go on and on about peeing on muddy guns in the comments . . . it gets to me after a while.

The whole abusing guns schtick is less than optimal. It teaches nothing and gives the wrong impression that this is acceptable behavior.

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    No. It's just the Internet schtick of dumping guns in mud and then the gd gun nuts go on and on about peeing on muddy guns in the comments . . . it gets to me after a while.

The whole abusing guns schtick is less than optimal. It teaches nothing and gives the wrong impression that this is acceptable behavior.

I gotcha, I just couldn't help myself

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest

Ignore em.
    Bet most are just Airsoft and CoD types, or Fudds.
    Hell most of the channels they comment on are pretty lame.

Top Bottom