• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    I thought I'd show a pic of my new (to me) bench rest rifle. It's a MAC1 Hunter, made by Tim McMurray of MAC1 Airguns. I used to shoot bench rest a few years ago and had a similar rifle, but I wound up selling it. Anyway, I tracked down a nice used one to get back into the sport. I just mounted my Mueller 40x56 scope and did a brief sight in session. So far it prefers 8.44 gr. JSB Exact pellets, but I'll need to do more testing to verify. These pellets are averaging 926fps for 16 ft. lbs. energy, which will allow me to shoot in the Heavy Varmint class. IMG_5900.jpeg

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    8.44 grain is “heavy“? Is this shot outdoors or indoors?
    No, that’s a light pellet. Heavy varmint is the classification. Energy cannot exceed 20 ft lbs. light varmint is restricted to 12 ft lbs. there are a few other classes too.

Last edited:

baranjhn

Marksman
    Mar 8, 2021
    Lafayette
    Had a chance to do a little shooting today. The wind was swirling a bit and my target backer was being moved around a bit. I'm still testing different pellets and see what goups the best. I adjusted my transfer port and moved up to JSB 10.3 grain, H&N Barakuda Match 10.65 and Crosman Premier 10.5. Average velocity was 870 fps.

This are two of my groups. On the left is 6 shots JSB Exact 10.3 gr. The group on the right was 5 shots Crosman Premier 10.5 gr.
    IMG_5904.jpeg

Normally.it's just one shot per bull like this.
    IMG_5905.jpeg

ljk

Master
    May 21, 2013
    dsc00093-jpg.199497

Made by the same guy, stupidly accurate and efficient.

I think mine was the very first one converted to regulated HPA, I had to do some trail runs to find out what the sweet spot is for the regulator. I could take 75-80 shots within 15fps spread on a single 3000psi fill, run it down to 780psi.

Best 5-shot group I had from 20 yards into a phonebook trap.

1hole.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00093.JPG
      DSC00093.JPG
      38.3 KB · Views: 28
    Top Bottom