• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just heard on the BBC that Africa is the continent with the fewest people having received the covid vaccine. I am convinced it has to be racist because even Antarctica beat them out

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Dems Considering Another Lockdown To Wipe Out The Few Small Businesses That Survived The Last One
    August 2nd, 2021 - BabylonBee.com
    article-9163-2.jpg

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I don’t buy it. It takes time for the courts to process the paperwork for an eviction and the courts are backed up. My wife works in real estate and deals with foreclosures, evictions and squatters on a daily basis. NY would have to have some very jacked up rules to allow evictions this fast.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dems Considering Another Lockdown To Wipe Out The Few Small Businesses That Survived The Last One
    August 2nd, 2021 - BabylonBee.com
    article-9163-2.jpg

Once again, the "Bee" stradles the line between sarcasm, and real life.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So they got an extra $400/week for 60 weeks and couldn't pay their rent? Oh and don't forget the multiple stimulus payments. You couldn't, in all that time, manage to pay a month or two here and there? FATWO imo
    Blew it all on Robinhood looking to get rich quick

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was talking with a friend yesterday about how recovering from covid was going. He told me two weeks ago his parents, his three brothers and their wives few out to Vegas for a few days, all eight of them came down with covid. Six of them have been vaccinated.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I was talking with a friend yesterday about how recovering from covid was going. He told me two weeks ago his parents, his three brothers and their wives few out to Vegas for a few days, all eight of them came down with covid. Six of them have been vaccinated.
    I'm unsure why people see this as some kind of knock against the vaccine(s). This is normal behavior for a vaccine, against a highly mutable, respiratory virus. The vaccine is still working. It is not a magic talisman that prevents exposure to/infection by said virus. Rather, it a) improves the immune system response to minimize the likelihood of the infection turning into disease, and b) minimizing the severity if the disease develops, so that the disease symptoms are more mild/less dangerous, and the viral load is reduced, thereby minimizing transmission.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm unsure why people see this as some kind of knock against the vaccine(s). This is normal behavior for a vaccine, against a highly mutable, respiratory virus. The vaccine is still working. It is not a magic talisman that prevents exposure to/infection by said virus. Rather, it a) improves the immune system response to minimize the likelihood of the infection turning into disease, and b) minimizing the severity if the disease develops, so that the disease symptoms are more mild/less dangerous, and the viral load is reduced, thereby minimizing transmission.
    Please tell this to the power hungry politicians who want to return to mask mandates and lockdowns purely over a rise in total number of cases.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I came across an excellent quote from Mike Rowe today regarding elected officials, journalists and some medical experts:

"They're always certain, usually wrong, incapable of shame, and utterly void of humility. Is it any wonder millions find them unpersuasive?"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hey, Chip,

Since my question bears tangentially on your post, I hope you'll tolerate a small (for me) sidetrack

What do you make of (was it Fauci?) the statement that the viral prevalence in the the nasopharynx of Delta breakthrough infections is the same as that of unvaccinated people

Is this a valid comparison, indicating that the two viral loads are equivalent, or is it that as the common first entry point to the body for the infection it would harbor an elevated viral prevalence regardless of how effective the immune response is, because it would be cleared last

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom